Online Grapevine Reps (GvR)

Current topics and news from The Grapevine.
JerseyJeff
Forums Newcomer

Online Grapevine Reps (GvR)

Post by JerseyJeff »

I'm interested in hearing from others about whether their online groups have created a Grapevine Rep (GvR) service position. My online Home Group, the Back Porch International, voted at their June Business meeting to create a GvR and alternate GvR position. We will be holding elections in September for those positions. In looking at the role of the GvR, I believe that there is not much different between a GvR for an online group and and in-person group. I'm looking for others who have experience with the Grapevine and their online group.
MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Re: Online Grapevine Reps (GvR)

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Hi Jeff,

This online group had such a position years ago, but no longer.

Betsy
an alcoholic
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Online Grapevine Reps (GvR)

Post by PaigeB »

I remember when we had a GVR! We had enough 7th Tradition funds to sponsor a monthly give away! Things have slowed down here (for now) but an online GVR can do A LOT to spread the message. The Grapevine for prisons is HUGE hit with them if you can clear it in advance. Same for treatment centers. Winners can keep for themselves or donate to their local choice. Maybe just giving out calendars? I LOVE THE GV CALENDAR!

There are meetings that read a grapevine story and some that tell one of the GV jokes during the announcements. I am tickled pink to hear your Group will be doing this service!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB