Military Requirement

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Military Requirement

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None.

Did I Have Any Thoughts or Cravings? Nope.

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Never.

Daily or Weekly Events: Exercising with the Army for the next 2 weeks. It'll be a long few days.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Sounds like a Hot time! Take care of yourself Bub!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

I will Paige. It's a pretty low threat exercise but the thunderstorms we are expecting all week may throw some curve balls our way. We had a few strikes besides the TOC a few days ago and hopefully the Army is smart enough to put the training on hold in regards to the safety of their soldiers. Unfortunately, I don't think that that's going to be the case.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Sure am.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope, none at all. Actually, I've had very little exposure since last week.

Daily or Weekly Events: Still training. Nothing too crazy other than that.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:49 am Daily or Weekly Events: Still training. Nothing too crazy other than that.
How's the weather? Stay safe! Thanks for ALL you do!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Thanks,I appreciate the support Paige! The weather has been hot and wet! Not to mention the cicadas. They are everywhere! The exercise has gone well but I'm ready to get home!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Daily or Weekly Events: Still training.....
D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Post by D'oh »

Did I "Ask for Help Today?" Yup

Did I :Turn it Over to that Help Today?" Yup, just did.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

D'oh wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:20 am Did I "Ask for Help Today?" Yup

Did I :Turn it Over to that Help Today?" Yup, just did.
GOOD QUESTIONS!!! 8) :arrow: :mrgreen:
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Daily or Weekly Events: it feels great being home and even though I'm sick, it beats doing a Warfighter exercise with the army any day! I'm just happy to be back with my family.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:31 pm I'm just happy to be back with my family.
My mom is finally moving back to my city. She is 87. LOTS of turmoil but the end result is worth it!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Man, Paige, I hope that that is a seemless transition for her. I wish her the best and I wish you both the best in resolving your turmoil. At her age and given the situation, it only seems right that you guys put the past in the past.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep! 2 Years Today!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope

Daily or Weekly Events: Finally getting outside after getting over this flu! More importantly, I wish all them Pops out there a Happy Father's Day!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:11 am Man, Paige, I hope that that is a seemless transition for her. I wish her the best and I wish you both the best in resolving your turmoil. At her age and given the situation, it only seems right that you guys put the past in the past.
Yeah. We are good friends. Talk online everyday! However, she has a bit of short term memory loss and then a year of isolation with the Corona... It has really done a number on her usual confidence. For me, it is difficult to repeat that she has already decided to move! We have gone over it in many ways and many situations, but with the short term memory loss we have some trouble staying positive about it all. THANK GOD for AA and the principles of Love and Tolerance (page 87)! I have had times to practice these over the period of my sobriety ~ perhaps for preparing me for this very point in time. :idea:

We are working through it. Thanks for writing me back about it! Reminds me to try, with joy, all over again today!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

I know that you are doing your best Paige. I haven't experienced memory loss with any of my family members, so I have little guidance to offer based on experience. At least you have a guide that has carried you far. You'll continue to get through this and I'm sure that you'll find some clever ways to make this move work out. I wish you the best.