30 Years

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.
Aggiejim
Forums Enthusiast

30 Years

Post by Aggiejim »

Today is 2 26 21. 30 years sober in AA.
MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Re: 30 Years

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

30 years has a nice ring to it! Congratulations!!!!

Betsy
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Well done Aggie! Looking back at the old days when we could smoke in the rooms and had no electronic means and I wonder how we made it...... :shock:

Thanks for the share.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Aggiejim wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:03 pm Today is 2 26 21. 30 years sober in AA.
FANTSTIC!!! Thanks for sharing!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Post by Mike O »

Well done. Wonderful to hear this 😁✌️
Aggiejim
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Aggiejim »

positrac wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 pm Well done Aggie! Looking back at the old days when we could smoke in the rooms and had no electronic means and I wonder how we made it...... :shock:

Thanks for the share.
Thank you for the kind words. They made me think of the old smoke room at Club 12 in San Antonio and the one non-smoking row at the Saturday night meeting at the Lutheran Church. Hard to believe it was ever like that. Somewhere around 1994, I came back from Dallas and reported to the group that I went to a meeting at the Dallas Clean Air Club. A no-smoking AA Club. The old timers were shocked that AA would sanction such a place in direct violation of numerous traditions.
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Oh and what about the sides of the room for smokers and non-smokers...... I am glad I smoked in those early sobriety days because at least I wouldn't get pulled for smoking!

I spent early life in Ft. Worth and my teenage time in Amarillo. Got sober in San Diego, lived up in the Bay Area before the homeless started craping on the sidewalks. and lived overseas in various locations and attended meetings in those areas.

Thankfully how it works hasn't changed and for that we are in the right place =biggrin
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.