3 Years

A.A. Birthdays!
Strue
Forums Newcomer

3 Years

Post by Strue »

Today I celebrate three years of continuous sobriety. What a journey it has been, from black out drinking, to giving up a first time when coming to AA and working through the steps. Unfortunately I rested on my laurels in the 2nd year and got "busy" with our Baby. Didn't take the time to meditate, pray and write daily inventory anymore. Meeting attendance also dropped to 0-2 meetings per week.
Had therefore a quite miserable 2nd year of sobriety. Fully surrendered again somewhen in February 2021 after the pain was too much to take and my Ego didn't allow me to drink... I had to look good to my AA friends as well =wink

I have then fully surrendered to the God idea and wriiting currently another inventory. Lots of people got hurt again between last/first amends and me being asleep again. Untreated Alcoholism sucks, even while not being drunk. There is a better life out there for me, if I follow the spiritual principals of this program. Not always in fears and anger.

Have a great Day everyone :mrgreen:
Molgzonor
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 3 Years

Post by Molgzonor »

Wow. That's the point most folks drink again, just the natural progression of things. Something or Someone had a hand on you. Bet you'll have a meaningful part in the lives of a lotta folks, most of whom you have not even met yet.
innermost
Forums Enthusiast

Post by innermost »

Strue
Congrats on your milestone.
Welcome to the alcoholic mind and it's ego.
Also welcome to powerlessness.
The first 164 pg. is the program!
avaneesh912
Forums Old Timer

Post by avaneesh912 »

Untreated Alcoholism sucks, even while not being drunk.
Thats a great realization. Best is you were awake to realize that and not go out. Other wya to point it you nipped it in the bud. Great job.
Show him the mental twist which leads to the first drink of a spree. We suggest you do this as we have done it in the chapter on alcoholism.(Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
Theo50
Forums Contributor

Post by Theo50 »

Congratulations on the 3 years of sobriety. Great for you, also, for hanging in there without relapsing and getting back to the AA program of action after straying from the program.
MyNameIsBetsy
Trusted Servant

Post by MyNameIsBetsy »

Happy BirthdAAy, Strue. Good to have you here with us, sober and deep into our life saving program!!!! You have a story to tell. Lots of folks will hear you!

- Betsy, an alcoholic
"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path."
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Strue wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:38 pm Didn't take the time to meditate, pray and write daily inventory anymore. Meeting attendance also dropped to 0-2 meetings per week.
Congratulations on 3 Years! I also had a miserable 2020 and now our face to face meetings are going hybrid or getting back together altogether! I hope to go from 0-2 back at "at least 3". I miss my people!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Progress over perfection and it is the rough times that we are reminded of our slacking off.

Congrats and look after yourself.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
Strue
Forums Newcomer

Post by Strue »

Hey Guys,

Thank you. Yes, it was a really rough time. Our baby was born and spent first few days in NICU, afterwards up to now she doesn't eat "well" or at at all. Have to spoon feed her milk four times per day. It's getting better if I just accept the situation as is, so far Doctors couldn't help, but obviously I went into full blown self pity of "why me". Getting better I mean my handling of the situation, not her eating...

Yesterday I got the approval to go to a f2f meeting for once to pick-up a chip. It was great to see some people for first time in about 4 months. Read "There is a solution" and what stuck out to me most is "If you are as serious alcoholic as we were, we belive there is no middle of the road solution" and we only have two possibilities. Either die or get a spiritual solution. I was thinking about three times of jumping out of that window in during that last 10 months and now even while not having done the 2nd 5th step/amends yet, I'm already on much better footing just because I'm on the process again and accepted that there are only two solutions. Just going to 0-2 meetings per week complaining about my daughters health will not get the needed psychic change in order to stay happy and sober.

I'm currently only on Online meetings and Speaker tapes due to this situation. Love to listen to Mark H and Dave F currently. Real life applications of the steps. Our meetings here in Shanghai only closed for 1-2 weeks in February 2020 during all Covid. We couldn't use the Alano club house for 3-4 months, but always were able to meet at restaurants etc.

Great to also be able to contribute a bit here.

Love you all, Thomas