Military Requirement

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Military Requirement

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Did I Have Any Thoughts or Cravings? Nope.

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Never.

Daily or Weekly Events: Waiting on the rain as we sleep in the field......
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Sure am.

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Nope.

Daily or Weekly Events: I finally get to mow the lawn for the first time tomorrow. I'm super pumped for that!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:50 pm Daily or Weekly Events: I finally get to mow the lawn for the first time tomorrow. I'm super pumped for that!
My sunflowers are sprouting!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep.

Daily or Weekly Events: Just looking forward to the weekend. Two soccer games and yardwork!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

That's awesome Paige! I hope that your sunflowers get massive!!

Are you growing anything else in your garden this year?
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

I had hubby and son clear a patch out at the far edge of our acre and I planted prairie flowers got the pollinators. I have become a bit of a bird person too! IDK if you know, but my city was hit by a Derecho last August. We were once "Tree City" and now we are trying to replant our tree canopy - we lost over half of the trees (you could probably search it august 2020 Iowa Derecho). I have 2 trees coming next week and I am looking into getting a flowering tree like a hawthorn, but my land has a natural spring under it so I need Swamp Trees LOL !

We are having some fun with it all... 'Cept I point and the guys dig so - maybe they are just super sweet and generous!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Sorry to hear about the derecho. I was unaware (or most likely forgot) that Iowa had been hit. Those things are pretty destructive and I hate to hear that it crushed all of your trees! I'm sure that it caused plenty of other damage but it'll be cool rebuilding it. That's pretty cool that you are trying to get the bees back in to the pollinating game too. I hope the new flowers sprout soon for ya! You should put a few birdhouse and feeders out too of you haven't already. Gardening and birdwatching are definitely two great ways to keep yourself busy.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None.

Daily or Weekly Events: nothing significant at all! We'll see where the rest of the weekend goes.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None at all

Did I Have Any Thoughts or Cravings? Nope

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Never

Daily or Weekly Events: Going fishing with the kids after school! Here's to hoping we catch at least 1!!!!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

May the oldest kid catch the first and the youngest catch the biggest! Dad & any other kids get to catch the most. Throw them back and it will always be a Big "ol Fish Story!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Very true Paige. Unfortunately...we got skunked. That's alright though, the kids had a blast getting in the lake and getting ice cream afterwards.

We'll definitely be fishing some more in the coming weeks!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Sure am, just passed 22 months!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? I had some last night at an impromptu family party. It wasn't an issue.

Daily or Weekly Events: working and prepping for another training trip!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:48 am Am I Sober? Sure am, just passed 22 months!
Woohoo Congrats! 2 years just around the corner. Will you be doing cake with a Homegroup?

(which is my passive aggressive way of asking if you had a homegroup!)
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

I don't have a home group but I'm sure that I'll be celebrating with a group at home though.

Actually, It'll be a bit messy at home on that day since we're starting our new kitchen cabinet installation. Maybe we'll just go out to celebrate.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep.

Daily or Weekly Events: Getting ready to head out the door again for some awesome training! I can't wait.