Working Step 4

The 12 Steps are the AA program of recovery from alcoholism.
Buckeye1988
Forums Enthusiast

Working Step 4

Post by Buckeye1988 »

We took stock honestly (not morally or judgementally, but honestly) First, we searched out the flaws in our make-up which caused our failure. Being convinced that self, manifested in various ways, was what had defeated us, we considered its common manifestations:

Resentment is the “number one’’ manifestation, or outcome of Self. Self is the problem, resentment is the outcome. But you hear all the time that resentment is the problem. No it's not.

We have to remember that Akron was against the book, yet it has had a tremendous way to undermine anything Bill said by hosting Founders Day. That changed in the 80s when AAs became big book thumpers. The fellowship went from one extreme to another. I remember being beaten over the head with the big book. : =biggrin Well, people do this work and they get excited about it try to ram it down everybody's throat even if its there opinion.

I think this isn't being selfish it proves the need for therapeutic working with another alcoholic. Not everyone will hear what I have to say and do it. I have to keep moving on.

I'll be back in college next week and I'll be interacting with people in person. Its a lot different than overall smartphone.
And Ive already caused a scene at the school, but I was able to back up away from that because I said an apology to those harmed. Even offered to be a volunteer at the school. But I can't stay angry.

This need drove one man to forge AA in Washington D.C. and the highest reaches of Government. He was able to slake his thirst for fellowship by forging these groups throughout Virginia and Maryland. Then he went to SanDiego and left a legacy there and they used the book.

Honestly, I should be able to go to any meeting and feel at home if im there to give something to the meeting and not to take away from it. Invariably I will walk away with something, but rarely do I see it coming what will be revealed to me.

We straighten out mentally and physically. :mrgreen:

"In dealing with resentments, we set them on paper."

"To the precise extent that we permit these, do we squander the hours that might have been worth while."

I'm in a gone place when I'm resentful.