Too cute! Birthday wishes

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Too cute! Birthday wishes

Postby ann2 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Hi all, I did enter my birthday in my profile without paying too much attention to "Birthday:
Setting a year will list your age when it is your birthday. " But check it out, there I am at the bottom of the index page, congratulations Ann (49). Would be cool to do that with sobriety birthdays!

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes -- they should all go to my mom, she was the key person there (and dad had something to do with it too I think). Awfully grateful to AA for keeping me alive to have this birthday. I'll be celebrating 23 years away from the drink on Jan 23 2010, that I think means more to me, even though congrats for that should go to HP and AA!

love and thanks for brightening this dark and wet Estonia for for me,

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Re: Too cute! Birthday wishes

Postby Karl R » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:23 pm

I like your ideas Ann!

On a completely unrelated note......Tallinn and Estonia made it onto national TV here lately.

Google Tallinn Estonia Amazing race and you'll see.

I admire you. You're in a place of your own volition where we send game show competitors whose one goal is to try to get back out! How weird is that!

Beautiful architecture tho.....

cheers and keep your chin up and dry!

Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby tasman » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Happy birthday :D
Does that just show up for you? I can't see it. Maybe I missed it already :(
Kerie
tasman
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 am

You might have missed it because I'm on Tallinn time . . . the vagaries of the system!

love, Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Marc L » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 pm

ann2 wrote:Hi all, I did enter my birthday in my profile without paying too much attention to "Birthday:
Setting a year will list your age when it is your birthday. " But check it out, there I am at the bottom of the index page, congratulations Ann (49). Would be cool to do that with sobriety birthdays!

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes -- they should all go to my mom, she was the key person there (and dad had something to do with it too I think). Awfully grateful to AA for keeping me alive to have this birthday. I'll be celebrating 23 years away from the drink on Jan 23 2010, that I think means more to me, even though congrats for that should go to HP and AA!

love and thanks for brightening this dark and wet Estonia for for me,

Ann

Well, Happy 50th and here's some little thingies for you.
Found that cake in the 'Treacherous Hive of Scum and Villany' right after the parrot flew away. :lol:

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.
Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Postby Karl R » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Our Ann is 24 today.

thanks for leading the way Ann.! I hope you had a very nice day.

K.
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Ann, last week you were 50 and now 24. Is there some kind of secret potion?
Anyway, congrats!!!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Ken_the_Geordie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Happy birthday, Ann; I hope you had a good one.

Ken
I'm more commonly known as Tosh (it's a nick name, but everyone I know in real life calls me it); just in case there's any confusion; I tend to use Tosh or Ken interchangeably and it confuses some; including me. ;-)
Ken_the_Geordie
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:44 pm

Lali wrote:Ann, last week you were 50 and now 24. Is there some kind of secret potion?

Ha ha! I came in with cake and cookies to my meeting today and at first the guys thought I was celebrating 24 "normal" years, i.e., it was my 24th birthday!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Despite all my shyness and nervousness I got a good laugh out of that one. :lol: still laughing.

Kinda unusual with that time here, but then I told them about my sponsor and her 38 years just to show I have nothing to boast about :wink: But it was hard saying anything, I hardly know these people after all, yet what a blessing to have a group to go to today. Still it is more relaxing sharing my anniversary with you all!

Boy it was nervewracking. Anniversaries are here for a reason, let me tell ya -- the time leading up to them is just full of bad bad memories, either consciously recalled or living just under the retina. Now I can live again. Thanks ya'll, and thank you Marc for that beautiful .gif!! Really lovely.
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby happycamper » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Happy Birthday Ann!
Thankyou so much for being a part of Alcoholics Anonymous .. sharing your esh AND your commitment to service on this site as well.

Hope you had a wonderful day !!
Faith without works is dead
happycamper
Forums Long Timer

Return to Suggestions