New Forums Software

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

New Forums Software

Postby Oliver » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:52 am

How is everyone finding using the new forums software?

Does anyone need any help working out how to do something they used to do on the old software but can't quite do on the new software?

Oliver
Oliver
"In exchange for bottle and hangover, I have been given the keys to the kingdom."
Oliver
Forums Old Timer

Re: New Forums Software

Postby jak » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 am

The Font Increase button does not work on my PC. I am running Windows 2000.
This version is also very slow from page to page. It take a few seconds for a page to load all of the icons and headings.

Any ideas?

jimk
jak
Forums Long Timer

Postby Karl R » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 am

Hey Jim...

I'm currently on dialup at home and have a similar thing going on. The fact is....there is just a lot more "stuff" to load with this version on each page.
Try this.....Go to user control panel...then the tab "board preferences"....then the tab on the left called "edit display options". On that page are some choices of some things to turn on and turn off when the pages load. Experiment with those "things" and see if it helps.

cheers,
Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby kim » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:30 am

I cannot figure out how to do the quote thing...how do you get it in that little yellow box? thank you!
kim
Forums Enthusiast

Postby tasman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:25 am

kim wrote:I cannot figure out how to do the quote thing...how do you get it in that little yellow box? thank you!

I did that by hitting reply, then selecting that piece of text and hitting "quote" on the far right top of your post.

You can also just hit quote without selecting text if you want to quote the whole post.

You can play around and have a practice and edit your post.

Good having you around here Kim, how's things?

Kerie
tasman
Forums Contributor

Return to Suggestions