Discussion forums

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Discussion forums

Postby peace4you » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi. My name is Lea and I'm a recovering alcoholic. My sobriety date is May 23, 1985. I got sober in and live in Arkansas, although I'm a Californian.

I've been all over the US and in many foreign countries, but AA is always the same--alcoholics talking to other alcoholics with the same primary purpose.

My question here is, what is the purpose of the discussion forums? I've visited the chat rooms and been to a meeting online, but I'd like to know if the discussion forums are places where one can sit back and talk AA.

Thank you for being here.
peace4you
Forums Newcomer

Postby LetgoJoe » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi Lea, I'm Joe an alcoholic. I am fairly new here and from what I have seen here so far, the answer to you question is yes. There is a brief discription of each one of the topic areas listed on the index and if you click on them you will see the posted messages left by members, which will kind of give you a feel of how people are sharing here. The primary purpose of this forum is AA's primary purpose.
Honesty gets us sober, tolerance keeps us sober. ~Bill W.
LetgoJoe
Forums Long Timer

Postby Karl R » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Hey Lea. My name is Karl.

What letgojoe said.

The only reason I posted here is to welcome you here.

stick around for a bit. We'd love to hear more from you.

Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi and welcome! I've participated actively in online chat, email meetings and the forums, and I have to say they all have a different way of communicating the message. I'm an American currently living in Estonia and this is my contact with other alcoholics, along with the phone, so the options make a big difference to me.

Feel free to post more questions or pm me privately if you prefer.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Suggestions