9 years today!

A.A. Birthdays!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

9 years today!

Post by PaigeB »

Thanks to f2f AA, E-aa and an HP that I can never understand! :wink: :wink: :wink:
LIVING IT

The spiritual life is not a theory. We have to live it.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 83

When new in the program, I couldn't comprehend living the spiritual aspect of the program, but now that I'm sober, I can't comprehend living without it.
Spirituality was what I had been seeking. God, as I understand Him, has given me answers to the whys that kept me drinking for twenty years.
By living a spiritual life, by asking God for help, I have learned to love, care for and feel compassion for all my fellow men, and to feel joy in a world where, before, I felt only fear.

From the book Daily Reflections
Copyright © 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc
I hope you can find what I have found!
Last edited by PaigeB on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Re: 9 years today!

Post by Spirit Flower »

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...a score card reading zero...

Chelle
Forums Contributor

Post by Chelle »

Happy Sober Birthday Paige!, =biggrin

Layne
Forums Old Timer

Post by Layne »

WOOT!!!

A lot of people may not understand this, but if I ever understand my higher power, it probably isn't a higher power. =biggrin

D'oh
Forums Old Timer

Post by D'oh »

Happy Belated Paige!

Amazing what happens if/when we get out of the way and ask for help.

positrac
Forums Old Timer

Post by positrac »

Bows and congrats on my belated post to nine years of a life without the drink. I hoped you've reflected the start and also the years of challenges and how last year was and may you experience many more years sober One Day at a Time. Cheers
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Thanks everyone. I picked up my chip last night! It is official: I made it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This calendar year has the same layout as my year 1... THAT year I did not think I would make it from an official day, August 1st, that landed one day after my home group - making me wait another WEEK to get my chip. I have no idea why that freaked me out, but I got so wound up feeling I needed that to get that chip or I would burst into a million pieces! So I choose to get it on the 1st at a meeting I went to regularly. That meeting surprised me with a cake and many of my home group gals showed up and sat with me as my sponsor talked about my growth or something - truth is I don't remember what she said at all.

This year was quite different. I didn't get at all hinky waiting for my real sober day nor did I get nervous about my chip night - though I vaguely felt that no one would show up and I would feel depressed. It turned out to be a pretty normal meeting with a few extra gals who are my sister sponsees and good friends. My sponsor had a hard time finding the words which made everyone laugh about how I pretty much leave everyone speechless - or talk so much they can't talk lol. Later when some home group ladies "roasted" me - she cried and whispered in my ear, "They love you. They really really love you."

Who could ask for anything more?
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB