Toot my own horn....

For recovery discussion

Toot my own horn....

Postby highcostofliving » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:50 am

When I was drinking, I would usually play the same video game.... Civ V... it logged my hours..... 1381 hours.... so that's 57 days of my life I spent alone, drunk, in front of that game.... I looked at that number often in shame about how much life I was wasting, never to get back..... so when I started to quit... I put it in my head that 57 was my target date, so I could sort of 'reclaim' the lost days.... well my friends of e-AA, today is day 57! YES!!!

Thanks for all the help and support.... and for listening to some of my Expletive!

Special shout to: Brock, Positrac, Avaneesh, JohnDaniels, and Noels!

PS - I think 1,381 will be my new goal, a day for every wasted hour! Buckle up, could be a heck of a ride to get that far!!
"The high cost of living, ain't nothin like the cost of living high" - Jamey Johnson
highcostofliving
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Toot my own horn....

Postby Blue Moon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am

Well that's a novel approach. When I think of time spent in front of rhe TV or computer, it can be crazy. Such things can be about isolating, so I find it important to get out more. Even if that's just doing yard-work like clearing leaves / grass / snow.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Roberth » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:20 pm

well done highcostofliving.....now let see if you can do this thing 24 hrs at a time =biggrin
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Postby highcostofliving » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Right Roberth, right... one day at a time! Thanks.
"The high cost of living, ain't nothin like the cost of living high" - Jamey Johnson
highcostofliving
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:41 am

Great job and keep it up as I say it will get harder before it gets easier and if you have a network to talk with F2F it is a lot easier because they see your expressions, body language and can center replies from that which you give. I was in a meeting in Berkeley, Cal back in 1990 and I had gotten my 60 day chip and at the back of the room in the rear they were using outside and I though how shocking! I was in rehab at that time and because of my military time I had to attend rehab even though I had submitted to AA and was regularly attending meetings. We hit meetings all over the East Bay area and Berkeley by far was the most radical meeting with all kinds of different types in the rooms.

The stuff you see in AA once sober is no different that what we saw drinking..... :lol:
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Atchafalaya » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 am

highcostofliving wrote:When I was drinking, I would usually play the same video game.... Civ V... it logged my hours..... 1381 hours.... so that's 57 days of my life I spent alone, drunk, in front of that game.... I looked at that number often in shame about how much life I was wasting, never to get back..... so when I started to quit... I put it in my head that 57 was my target date, so I could sort of 'reclaim' the lost days.... well my friends of e-AA, today is day 57! YES!!!

Thanks for all the help and support.... and for listening to some of my Expletive!

Special shout to: Brock, Positrac, Avaneesh, JohnDaniels, and Noels!

PS - I think 1,381 will be my new goal, a day for every wasted hour! Buckle up, could be a heck of a ride to get that far!!

Wow!!! That's is FANTASTIC! Congratulations highcost!!! =biggrin
Atchafalaya
Forums Newcomer

Return to Discussions