thanks

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

thanks

Postby marthamaree » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm

I am loving this forum. It helps.25 days today and I got a sponser.
I have a bit of cleaning up some unmanageability to do but nothing was getting better on its own. As a Mum I recken I need every wit in my head fully functioning all the time. x
marthamaree
Forums Enthusiast

Re: thanks

Postby avaneesh912 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm

=smile
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: thanks

Postby positrac » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:28 am

You know 25 days is a lot right now and it is a wonderful start and never for a minute look down on that small milestone! One day if you allow things to continue it'll be a drop in the bucket because days, then months, then years and if it all works out you'll be a person many will never know ever drank and being a mum you'll have a family that'll know your standards on the subject.

So use your sponsor and ensure your sponsor has an active sponsor as it is important to go full circle as we pay it forward.

Cheers.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Return to For the Newcomer