one week.

New to AA? Got questions? Here's the place to ask. Note that no one person speaks "officially" for AA. AA meetings in your local area are always the best source of information. Note that anyone may post and reply to messages in this forum.

one week.

Postby marthamaree » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:29 pm

Today is my first small/big milestone. 7 days. I wont lie and say it was easy BUT it feels hugly worth it. I have been to a meeting every day and my fave sentence I have heard. " There is nothing so bad that a drink will not make worse!" This forum helps too.
marthamaree
Forums Enthusiast

Re: one week.

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Congratulations. Keep it up!
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes lovely hearing from you, please keep us in touch as you go along, we have all been where you are now, and wishing you the very best.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Chelle » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Good job Marthamaree. I remember many first weeks sober. I hope you keep on going to meetings and do the work involved with the steps. It gets better and better. If you do, it will no longer be hard. It is worth it, and so are You!
Thanks for sharing
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Roberth » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:01 am

Hello Marthamaree and welcome to E-AA. My name is Robert and I am a Los Angeles area alcoholic. Conratz on a job well done getting a week.
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Postby highcostofliving » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 am

So awesome!! Nice job!
"The high cost of living, ain't nothin like the cost of living high" - Jamey Johnson
highcostofliving
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:18 pm

marthamaree wrote:Today is my first small/big milestone. 7 days. I wont lie and say it was easy BUT it feels hugly worth it. I have been to a meeting every day and my fave sentence I have heard. " There is nothing so bad that a drink will not make worse!" This forum helps too.

GREAT! I love that one too!

My brother likes: One is too many and 1000 aint enough!

Hang in there - it IS so worth it! Read the 9th Step Promises on page 83 and 84-85 the 10th Step Promises. My fave is, "We will react sanely and normally" WOW - I need that in my life!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby jenko » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:09 am

Good for you - keep coming back! :)
Jennifer K. :)
jenko
Forums Enthusiast

Postby stefni4246 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 am

where is there a list of online meetings??? I keep trying to find them with no success. Feeling REALLY frustrated!
stefni4246
Forums Newcomer

Postby Mike O » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:24 am

Well done. I remember reaching 10 days and thinking how amazing that was. Two weeks previous to that, I could never have imagined going even a day without alcohol. Now I'm almost at 10 years.

Work the steps.

:D
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:30 am

I don't know if you have seen these stefni4246, here is a list of meetings to which you might sign in for further information- http://e-aa.org/maillist.html then here is an area where you may contact the person responsible for these meetings, where it says 'Officer - Choose' you can select Email coordinator, and ask them to guide you. http://www.e-aa.org/form_officer_contact.php

Hope this helps and all the best.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Caretaker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:42 am

Congratulations! I hope that my milestones are always 12 days I behind your :) I think I'm starting today
Caretaker
Forums Enthusiast

Postby marthamaree » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:09 pm

Hooray! You wont regret it. :-)
marthamaree
Forums Enthusiast

Return to For the Newcomer