My name is Julie and I am new here

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

My name is Julie and I am new here

Postby choicesgifts » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:10 am

My name is julie w and I am new here and very excited for become a part of .e-aa.org.
Thanks
choicesgifts
Forums Newcomer

Re: My name is Julie and I am new here

Postby D'oh » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:52 am

Great to see you Julie and Welcome.

Some Great Wisdom can be found here, and some Debate.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Duke » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:35 am

Welcome Julie. We're glad to have you.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Julie! I hope you don't mind that I edited your last name down to an initial. It helps with anonymity and internet safety.

Glad you found us!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Simona Walters » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:26 am

HI. I`m new here too. I joined with the hope to gain strength here to stop drinking.
Simona Walters
Forums Newcomer

Postby avaneesh912 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Welcome Simona to the board. Been in the fellowship close to 11 years. Hit the spiritual bottom sometime around 2006 August. And my journey started then. Never looked back. Steps, service work and meetings gives me the power to live an obsession free life. Life is stressful sometimes, but atleast i am aware of the cause and can take action.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:54 am

Welcome Simona! I Hope you can gain some strength. All you need is enough to walk into your first meeting! You don't need to quit drinking to do that ~ however, it works better if you are sober for the meeting!

I went to a noon meeting - I figured I could go that long with out a drink. I packed my cooler with 6 beers and headed to the location. I didn't see a bunch of people with styrofoam cups smoking outside so I figured I was in the wrong place. I cracked open a beer and left. I did that a few times. Then I called the hotline and told the woman about my troubles getting into a meeting. I told her I needed a ride so I didn't take my beer along and so I had the courage to walk in. She called me back a bit later and told me that she could NOT find me a ride to the noon meeting, but she found someone who needed a ride and gave me her address. Well, I couldn't exactly take my beer around another new alcoholic could I? She and I walked into the meeting together - both new. Already in service to others.

She never called me for a ride again but I never stopped going to meetings. That was August 1, 2009.

Today I have smart feet. They take me to a meeting even though my head is full of fear or rationalizations!

Glad you found us!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book