All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Postby ktoews » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:54 pm

grateful new member - Kim from Canada - alcoholic. 11.5 months of grateful sobriety
ktoews
Forums Newcomer

Re: new member

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Wow! Congrats on 11.5! I got all kinds of crazy waiting for my full 12 months! I still get hinky sometimes. This year is different I guess coming into 8 isn't going to be harder than coming into 7, LOL. But that first year! That was a crazy milestone - I got to thinking, "What the heck are you thinking Girl!!??" Still, I managed to hang on by talking to AA gals on the phone and arranging to get my 1 year chip on the very day! August 1st... I got sober in 2009, 5 days before my birthday! I wasn't having a whole heck of a lot of fun, was I?

Anyway - you & I should be pretty close to having the same anniversary? What is your day?

I'll be back in the morning! :) :D
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:08 am

Welcome to e-AA kt, nice to have you here.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby ktoews » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:44 am

My last drink was either July 30th or 31/2016, not exactly sure which day. My first AA mtg was Aug 1/2016, so I'm not entirely sure what my anniversary is! Any knowledge here?
ktoews
Forums Newcomer

Postby Duke » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:53 am

Congratulations Kim. It's sounds like you just need to pick one and stick with that. I had to reconstruct my anniversary date as well. I know I'm within a day, but after a while, you won't worry about it anymore.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book