Not fair

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Not fair

Postby K225 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Okay, I'm a little pissed at this site to be honest. I just typed an emotional post about relapse that took me some time to think and type out and then when I'm done all I get is "you most be logged in to post". I was F*** logged in! Not only that but after the fact it deleted everything I typed wasting like 2 hours of my time. Im not typing it again and that's complete bullshit and not fair to the people that use these sites as support.
"When you're going through hell, keep going".-Winston Churchill
K225
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Not fair

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:39 pm

K225 wrote:Okay, I'm a little pissed at this site to be honest. I just typed an emotional post about relapse that took me some time to think and type out and then when I'm done all I get is "you most be logged in to post". I was F*** logged in! Not only that but after the fact it deleted everything I typed wasting like 2 hours of my time. Im not typing it again and that's complete bullshit and not fair to the people that use these sites as support.

Hang in there K225. The same technical glitches at this website have also auto logged me out three times in the last week. It's definitely annoying when crap like this happens, but it's in forums like these that all us drunks can all learn a little something about how to deal with this and other kinds of crap sober. If you don't feel like re-writing your deleted post, how about just hitting the highlights? Do you have any insights about why you relapsed?

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Sorry you had that problem. I have been here a few years and never really have to 'log in,' if I remember there was a square to click on which said stay logged in or something like that. The best thing I have found is to reduce the site to half page, bring up word or whatever you normally do letters on in the other half, and type your stuff there, when ready just copy and paste it to the e-AA box. That way it can't get lost, and you can work on it and stop to eat or whatever, just save it as you would a normal letter.

Another thing many don't notice at first, when you click 'Board index' at the top left, you get some choices appearing below, starting with 'View unanswered posts,' I prefer 'View active topics,' click on this and you can then save it as a shortcut on your screen. It beats searching through all the topics when you come on, just click the shortcut and you are in the middle of the 'action.'

I see EZ says she has had some bad luck with glitches as well, I must be lucky or doing something right, really no problems whatever, consider doing your post again and best of luck.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:46 pm

EZ did not say she had any "bad luck" with this website. The technical glitches I've experienced on this website are due to uncorrected flaws within its operating system and have nothing to due with "luck".
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Duke » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Sorry about your problems with the site. I hope you'll give it another chance. I know when I'm writing anything of length, I type it in a word processing program and then cut and paste simply because typing in the box is awkward.

Good luck.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:51 am

Yeah - this site, like many sites, has a time function that auto logs you out... I always highlight and right click copy my longer posts... that way if I have to log back in, I can just paste it!

It has happened to me too. Keep coming back.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Welcome, k225. I'm sorry you had a problem with the site. I've lost long texts too. Just entering this site does not mean you are logged in. If you want to type something, you have to log into where it says, "user name" and then "password". If you type and you hit submit without being logged in, the box will pop up asking for "user name" and "password". You are then ready to hit the submit button.

Typing your message in a word processing program is an excellent suggestion.
Then as others have said, you just cut and paste it. We would love to hear from you, so try typing in your word processing program and cut and paste it here. Why not jot down "bullet points" of your message and then expand on that once you have the bullet points. I know how frustrating it is to have to retype something.

Once you have a little experience with nagivating around this site, you will find that its actually quite easy so don't give up!

Please stick around and give us another try. As I said, we would love to hear from you.

Good luck!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby K225 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:24 pm

Thanks guys. And I'm sorry if I sounded like a dick when I typed that. I wasn't in a very good mood. Truth is I joined AA a year ago now and I'd be lying if I told you I was sober the whole time. Far from it. I've been hard pressed to make more than a few weeks sober because I feel like I don't fit in at AA and I don't understand the steps (I'm atheist which doesn't help). And I'm having a hard time enjoying sober life. I feel so dead inside it's like I don't enjoy anything anymore. I read books, go to movies, take walks and it just feels like i'm going through the motions, killing time while I wait patiently for death. The "dry drunk" syndrome.
K225
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:28 am

K225 wrote:Thanks guys. And I'm sorry if I sounded like a dick when I typed that. I wasn't in a very good mood. Truth is I joined AA a year ago now and I'd be lying if I told you I was sober the whole time. Far from it. I've been hard pressed to make more than a few weeks sober because I feel like I don't fit in at AA and I don't understand the steps (I'm atheist which doesn't help). And I'm having a hard time enjoying sober life. I feel so dead inside it's like I don't enjoy anything anymore. I read books, go to movies, take walks and it just feels like i'm going through the motions, killing time while I wait patiently for death. The "dry drunk" syndrome.

How about this idea: Use a word document and type your heart away and then after you are finished and it looks good just cut and paste on the site after you log in and then you'll be good and you won't get timed out.

Might I suggest this: If GOD---- Good -Orderly-Direction is an issues then find a rock, book, or whatever that will be in place of organized religion until you can come to grips with God. Get out of your way and just do what the step says, and or sponsor suggest and I can assure you that it'll be ok. And lastly you aren't the first nor the last person who has religious/organizational religion in AA. So someone can help you get through this period and outside of that keep coming back.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:08 am

When I first got sober, I lived in the US state of Missouri. Those old timer axxholes I went to meetings with used to say, whenever I was whining, "the only fair is in Sedalia." Shut me up pretty quick, but it is also a truth we learn in the rooms.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby ezdzit247 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi again K225. Glad you decided to give e-aa another try. It may take a little while for you to realize some of the benefits of sober living but if you are willing to keep the plug in the jug and use AA's spiritual--not religious--tool kit, it will happen for you...one day at a time. Willingness is key. You've already done one of the hardest things for any alcoholic. You found the willingness to reach out for help. Great start!

There are many sober atheist and agnostic AA members with long term sobriety who attend regular AA meetings as well as AA freethinkers meetings. Some of them are also sober members of this forum and have found a way to work the AA program successfully without any belief in a deity. Do you live anywhere near Austin, Texas? The "We Agnostics Atheists and Freethinkers" aka WAAFT International AA Convention will be in Austin, TX Nov. 11-13 2016. You are not alone, K225, and you don't have to stay sober alone.

Keep coming back....
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby K225 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks again for the replies. Y'know I was thinking about all this I was thinking of something funny: Do you people remember an old comic by the name of Calvin and Hobbes? Well, there's a comic where Calvin decides he is going to do the right things: He does his chores, his homework, cleans his room, he's nice to his mom, so on and so on, but at the end of the day he gets this feeling that there is something he must do (which is shown by him standing around with shakes) and he slaps Susie across the head with a water balooon. I think this is the perfect analogy of not only the alcoholic but of someone who is prone to doing things that are immoral or wrong despite having the best intentions. I'm sometimes told not to joke about this stuff on forums or meetings, but frankly humor is the only thing keeping me alive at this point.
K225
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Lali » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Nope, never heard of this comic. But keep your sense of humor - you are right, it helps!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book