Hi, that is Matt

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi, that is Matt

Postby Matt4344 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Matt, I'm an alkoholic. New here. Sober for about 100 days. Regularly go for AA meetings. Alcohol tried to destroy my life and family. That's why I'm here. I love my new, sober life and very happy to be here and in AA community. I live in Australia.
:D
Matt4344
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hi, that is Matt

Postby Brock » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:20 am

Welcome to e-AA Matt, well done on the 100 days.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 am

Welcome Matt! Glad to have you aboard! 100 days is awesome... a miracle for me really. If I had to wait 100 minutes until I could drink I would be mentally obsessed: watching the clock, planning and replanning how I would get that first drink and whether I would need a stiff shot or an easy beer. I might look joyous about the planned evening but inside I would be crawling in my skin knowing I would have to sneak a few so I wouldn't look like I was drinking too fast compared to others.

So good on you for coming this far! I know I looked at the Steps and Tradition hanging on the wall of the AA Clubhouse and thought, "How are these dumb things EVER going to solve MY problems?" But as I stuck around and saw that many many people were looking and acting sober & happy, I found that they had worked these Steps with a sponsor who read the first 164 pages of the Big Book with them. I decided I wanted what they had and I got myself a sponsor who had been through the Steps. I have found that I have had a "profound change in my reactions to life" and that I feel ALIVE again. I am no longer a slave to alcohol. You can do this too! As they say after the meeting around here (Iowa, USA) "Keep coming back! It works if you work it!"

So dig in my friend! When I gave AA half the energy I used to put into getting a drink, I began to get some real results ~ and those results urged me further forward! It really works!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Matt4344 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:05 pm

Thank you guys for your replies. Every advice is priceless.
Thanks
Matt4344
Forums Newcomer

Return to Guest Book