New to e-aa

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Re: New to e-aa

Postby PuppyEars » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:39 pm

So as I mentioned, only going on 4 months which is a pretty big deal for me. I am not tempted for a drink. My issue is dealing w/ life sober. S*** can suck! lol. I know that's what the steps are for.

4 months is amazing, hope it continues. I heard somewhere that the steps are not the power - they are the vehicle to the power.
As Brock suggested, there are speakers you can find on You/Tube such as Bob Darrell who truly understand alcoholism and are great for relating.
By the way, popular sparkling water drinks taste way better than non-alcoholic beer and can help you with that "fizzy fix" that we all love.
PuppyEars
Forums Contributor

Postby Hays » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Funny you mentioned that. A buddy, yes, his name is buddy, gave me one and I swear it was a gin n tonic. Any suggestions?
Hays
Forums Newcomer

Postby PuppyEars » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:51 pm

I prefer Perrier.
PuppyEars
Forums Contributor

Postby Reborn » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:27 pm

When I try to justify, defend or explain my behavior most of the time I am not doing the next right thing. I never have to justify, defend or explain the right thing...just food for thought here.
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132
Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:49 am

NA beer does have a small percentage of alcohol.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Hays » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:36 am

Reborn wrote:When I try to justify, defend or explain my behavior most of the time I am not doing the next right thing. I never have to justify, defend or explain the right thing...just food for thought here.

Agree wholeheartedly but when communicating on a message board and not in person, things can be misinterpreted. Shoot, texting w/ my wife is still confusing.
Hays
Forums Newcomer

Postby Lali » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:51 am

Hays wrote: First, it is a bar but it's not just a drinking gang. If anything it's the safest place to go when I need to get away.

First, when you described these people's drinking habits (at every football game, church, etc.) it became evident that this IS, in fact, a "drinking gang".

Second, this is the safest place to drink? You are in denial, my friend. If you would make friends in the program, hanging out with them in various places, you would find THAT is the "safest place to go". Alcoholics do all of the things that you say your drinking buddies do, but everyone does these things SOBER.

Last, non-alcoholic beer DOES contain alcohol. It is only a matter of time before one of these beers is going to set off the "phenomenon of craving" which is half of the two part disease of alcoholism.

You are on a very slippery slope.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:28 am

Hays wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. The "Bar NA" thing got the response I imagined....

I'm so glad you weren't disappointed.... :lol:
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to Guest Book