i guess is a "relapse"?

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

i guess is a "relapse"?

Postby old dr taco » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi
I don't know what the f to do. I've been making it through some major stuff during my almost-four years sober from alcohol (relationships, careers, breast cancer). Now that I'm super awesome and in control... I thought I could try relaxing with some new friends and have a few drinks. *sigh* maybe that wasn't the best idea? I feel like I should be chatting or talking to someone. Can anybody point me to some resources around St. Louis?
old dr taco
Forums Newcomer

Re: i guess is a "relapse"?

Postby Troy M. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:45 am

http://www.aastl.org/

Here is a starting spot. I'm not sure if you call it a relapse unless you continue to drink after this one event. I guess I would call it a slip.
Troy M.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Brock » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:45 am

Welcome to e-AA, a bit unfortunate that you found the site after a slip, but there are some good sobriety conversations carried on here. The link Troy gave appears not to be working, but going to http://www.aa.org you will see where you can enter even your zip code to really narrow down the search. I have always found calling the local inter group a good idea, they usually have folks on call happy to talk with others.

Now that I'm super awesome and in control... I thought I could try…

I don't want to pin down the source of your slip to one particular thing, but if I had to my money would be on thinking you were in control, this trips us up every time. Please take heart these things happen, congratulations for seeing and admitting the error right away, stories like yours help keep us all vigilant, we may be super awesome, but we must try to remember who really is in control, best of luck to you.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PuppyEars » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:36 am

Please swan dive into Step 1.
PuppyEars
Forums Contributor

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:05 pm

old dr taco wrote:Hi
I don't know what the f to do. I've been making it through some major stuff during my almost-four years sober from alcohol (relationships, careers, breast cancer). Now that I'm super awesome and in control... I thought I could try relaxing with some new friends and have a few drinks. *sigh* maybe that wasn't the best idea? I feel like I should be chatting or talking to someone. Can anybody point me to some resources around St. Louis?

Hi old dr taco and welcome.

If you cut & paste this "AA meeting directory St Louis" into Google search, you will get a bunch of links to recovery resources in that area.

I got drunk again after almost two years sober in AA just before what would have been my 2nd AA birthday. I found out for myself the hard way how weird this disease of alcoholism is. My allergy to booze had become progressively worse even while I was sober. One drink put me in a black out and I kept drinking for 3-4 days in a black out with no memory of how I got the additional booze or what happened. When I didn't show up for meetings, an AA friend came looking for me, helped me get sober and back to meetings or I probably would have died. If you haven't tried staying sober in the AA program before, this might be a good time to check out some meetings and see if it might work for you.

Glad you found this forum. Keep coming back.....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book