the steps work!

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

the steps work!

Postby Hanna » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:27 am

Feb 27, 2013
Hanna wrote:
One week from today, March 5th, will mark 1 year ago that I got arrested for driving under the influence. I can see so clearly now how I ended up in that situation, I was an active alcoholic. I continued on a "spree" and was fired the following month. I continued drinking until June 17 when I woke up and realized I was about to lose my home and family and that terrifed me. I had already lost my job and car, bills were piling up and I was about to lose the crappy job I took just to help pay all the fines I incurred, not to mention the lawyers fee.
I arrived here 254 days ago a trembling, anxiety-ridden wreck and I felt hopeless.
The help I received here gave me hope that I could get my life back. The begining was hard, but the people who posted in this thread stayed with me, they shared their own experience, strength and hope and I listened because I knew they understood.
They are still here today, ready to help the next wreck that shows up and now so am I. If your new here stick around, you can get your life back and we will be here to help you.
I became willing to try and now today I am peaceful and content. Things aren't perfect, but they are getting better and so am I, one day at a time.
I have a good job now in my town, so commuting is easier, bills are up to date, community service is finished, yet I still volunteer with the Red Cross, it makes me feel good to contribute. And best of all, I am gaining back the trust and respect of my family.
8 months ago I didn't think any of this was possible, but I followed the steps and it has led me to a better way of living, I wish this for you. Just do the next right thing-One Day at a Time.
Follow the path and trust the process,
Hanna

Update: June 17, 2016-
" Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed out path"
It works! 4 years sober today and happy! What are you waiting for, directions are easy start at step one and keep going!
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Re: the steps work!

Postby gailermels » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:40 am

Congratulations on your sobriety birthday! I've VERY happy for you! :D
Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake. (Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 417)
gailermels
Forums Newcomer

Re: the steps work!

Postby Duke » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Congratulations Hanna. What a great message.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Return to Guest Book