Hi this is JesMe

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

Hi this is JesMe

Postby JesMe » Sat May 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Name is Greg and I am a "recovered alcoholic".
Sober now for a fair number of days, by the Grace of my Higher Power. A Power greater than myself that is indeed a spiritual power found deep within me, by using the actions suggested in our basic text - The Big Book of AA. And the power gets augmented/reinforced though fellowship with other alcoholics - recovered or not. Is life perfect? nope! Do the basic flaws of my character keep cropping up? Yep But today I have a tool-kit of specific actions to take when the spit hits the fan and I haven't found it necessary to take a drink in almost 16 years. Could I get drunk again? Yep, unless I forget the almost spiritual, hair growing moment I had just about my fourth anniversary - It is physically impossible to get drunk if you don't take the first drink. Sounds silly, but it was quite profound when it hit me and remains one of the basic truths of my sobriety.

It's not the "not taking the first drink" that continues to challenge me to stay sober. It is the part of enjoying my sobriety.

Thank you AA.

And for those who started this Forum, that you for doing what you can so we can keep carrying the message.
JesMe
Forums Newcomer

Re: Hi this is JesMe

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:41 am

It is the part of enjoying my sobriety

The 12 steps is all about that. Its a design for living. Also the book says we are not a glum lot. Absolutely true. I have had great great time at the parties which I never imagined will be possible without drinking.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby clouds » Sun May 08, 2016 7:20 am

Hi, welcome Jesme! Glad you ar here. :)
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Duke » Sun May 08, 2016 9:04 am

Welcome JesMe. Thanks for sharing.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Sun May 08, 2016 10:53 am

I like the page in the Big Book that says something like the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous is a bright spot in our day. I know I get a "happy boost" when I go spent an hour with them at several of my favorite meetings a week.

Hang out - do service work like shaking hands and maybe get on the hotline list. Look outside yourself to find happiness inside yourself.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Guest Book