My name is Dennis and I'm an alcoholic

All visitors are invited to "sign" the guest book.

My name is Dennis and I'm an alcoholic

Postby DennisD » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:46 am

Hello, my name is Dennis and I'm an alcoholic.

I just found this site today while looking around for some online resources. I've been attending AA for a month via my local groups and have recently received my one month chip.

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi and hopefully I'll get some great info out of the posts here!

Thanks!
I'm on my way, I'm on my way to better days, I'll find my way - Breaking Benjamin, Better Days
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Re: My name is Dennis and I'm an alcoholic

Postby PaigeB » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:38 pm

Hi Dennis! Welcome! And congrats on one month! Glad you found us!

We are a pretty active Forum and I hope you look around and see that we all love AA. Oh, as with any place on the web, there will be dissenters, but stick with the winners and I hope you find what I have found here at e-aa!

I am still a night person. It was hard when I first sobered up as most meetings and even some fellowship after meetings ended "early" for me. I went home to a quiet house and plenty of time on the clock to go get some booze. I found some late night online chat meetings and I used them a lot in the beginning ~ I do not think I would be sober without that late night support and contact with AA.

A little later on, I realized I needed to do something daily and I bought a Daily Reflections book. But I continued to get up in the morning and check my email and whatever else online. I never seemed to make it to the reading in the papery form! One day, book right next to me, I sought out a website that posted the Daily Reflection (this was before http://www.aa.org/ was posting it). I found one and it was a forum where we could also post our thoughts on the Reflection! Eventually I found this Forum and the DR posting (in our Closed Meetings section viewforum.php?f=52 )

I can guarantee that I have had conscious contact with AA ever since I found e-aa and I know that my sobriety & spirituality have been growing because of this daily contact! I even found they practice the Traditions of AA and allowed me to do service work online.

I am grateful I found e-aa and I am grateful you found us too!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi Dennis and welcome.

Congratulations on one month of sobriety!

Looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you.

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby DennisD » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Thanks PaigeB and ezdzit247 :)

I've found a couple of really good group locally that are amazing and I've met some really good people. However, I've been looking for a place online to sort of fill the void when I am not able to get to a meeting. I am lucky to live in a very small town that has very active groups and daily meetings.

AA has certainly brought me a long way in the past month. I don't think I could be sober without it. I carry the daily reflections with me almost everywhere and am working my way through the Big Book as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

D
I'm on my way, I'm on my way to better days, I'll find my way - Breaking Benjamin, Better Days
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Here are some other venues in e-aa
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8304

We belong to Online Intergroup which lists a bunch of other meetings in a bunch of different formats and languages
http://aa-intergroup.org/directory.php

I know you will find something that fits ~ including us here at the Forums! Available 24/7/365!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby DennisD » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:15 am

Thanks again PaigeB. Those links will be helpful.
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Noels » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:48 am

Hi Dennis, me again :) welcome man. Ive already read some of your posts and are really looking forward to reading some more.
I'll tell you in all honesty - I am learning a lot from the posts here. Best site ever. Like a member said in another post " it is like a community as we can ask, discuss, agree and disagree". That is how I gain AND REMEMBER knowledge.
Have an awesome day further.
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby DennisD » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:30 am

Thanks again Noels. The warm welcome is greatly appreciated.

I've been perusing some of the historical stuff here since I joined and I'm already finding some valuable information. I am glad to have found this place.
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Hanna » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi Dennis,
Glad you found us. I found the "Our Stories" section of e-aa gave me much needed hope in the early days. I'm glad I hung around, I will celebrate 4 years sober this June. I look forward to seeing you in the forums.
Hanna
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace
Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Postby DennisD » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:59 pm

Hanna wrote:Glad you found us. I found the "Our Stories" section of e-aa gave me much needed hope in the early days. I'm glad I hung around, I will celebrate 4 years sober this June. I look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Nice to meet you Hanna. I can only hope that one day at a time leads me to 4 years like you. I look forward to seeing you around as well.
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Postby tyg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Welcome...Glad you have joined us Dennis. Look forward to getting to know you better as I read more of you around the Forum.
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby DennisD » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:05 pm

tyg wrote:Welcome...Glad you have joined us Dennis. Look forward to getting to know you better as I read more of you around the Forum.

Thanks! I am finding tons of useful stuff in these forums. See you around for sure!
DennisD
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Guest Book