Spiritual Concept Meeting

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Spiritual Concept Meeting

Postby Peter.H. » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:57 pm

We have many AA Spiritual Concept meetings on a Sunday. The AA program is based on such concepts.
Why not have a Spiritual Concept forum?
"...unless this person can experience an entire psyche change there is very little hope of his recovery" - Dr. Silkworth. [Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Ed, p xxix.]
Peter.H.
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Spiritual Concept Meeting

Postby Tosh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Can you clarify what you mean, Peter? I've not heard of a Spiritual Concept Meeting so I'm thinking this is a type of meeting peculiar to your area.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Peter.H. » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi Tosh.

In Australia, many spiritual concept meetings is a topic meeting run along the lines of, what we call, an ID meeting. See ID meeting definition here: viewtopic.php?p=103225#p103225
The chairperson reads from the AA book "Daily Reflections" - the day's topic. Then each called speaker shares their 'spiritual concept' about the read topic.
We allow each speaker to use their own concept of spirituality if they wish. However, some just speak about the topic itself, while others do make a connection between the topic and their spiritual concepts.
For example: today's (July, 18) Daily Reflections topic is "Grateful for what I have". In this example the reading is actually a spiritual concept of gratitude. Then we share our identification with that reading.
These meetings are usually held on Sunday mornings.
"...unless this person can experience an entire psyche change there is very little hope of his recovery" - Dr. Silkworth. [Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Ed, p xxix.]
Peter.H.
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 am

Ah! Perhaps you'd like to join us in the Daily Reflections forum? viewforum.php?f=26

Let me know if you have any problems accessing that!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby tazy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:31 am

Ann can you PM me the link...???
tazy
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:35 am

Welcome tazy! I pm'd the link -- or just click on this: viewforum.php?f=26