Deleted

Postby Noels » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:43 am

Deleted
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: A tragic, cautionary, true story

Postby kdub720 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Wow, what a story. I am so sorry for your loss. This just show all of us that we are in a constant battle no matter the effort we put forth or the years under our belt. As a community we must banned together and support eachother no matter what. If they show up, or participate, or even the "desire to stop drinking" we need to embrass them whole heartedly. Thanks for sharing. This is a powerful story.
kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Postby bbqking » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 pm

I suppose it doesn't matter if you've got 1 day, 1000 days, or 10000 days if it's your last day sober, at least in respect to what could happen. I imagine many people like me after a relapse who came back broken, bruised, and battered were fortunate to get another chance. I would hope not to turn people off by being overly critical of someone who's had a relapse, which I've seen. But hope to offer some kindness, a ride to a meeting, an ear if they want to talk, or whatever hope and positive vibes I could transmit. No need to kick people when they're already down. At least that's what people did for me.

Sorry for your loss.
bbqking
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Nellie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 am

bbqking wrote:I suppose it doesn't matter if you've got 1 day, 1000 days, or 10000 days if it's your last day sober, at least in respect to what could happen.

Wise words!

What a sad story. I always say to people coming back in that it takes guts to pick up your first white chip (or desire chips as we call them here) but it takes even more to pick up your second (or third, etc). The last thing they need is to be stigmatised, especially if they were full of ego before. Just my take on it :) Wishing you all another 24.
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly".
Nellie
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Discussions