New to online and need a little help

For recovery discussion

New to online and need a little help

Postby Patti » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:53 pm

Just would like to see how the online works....not really sure of it. I can't get to meetings like I would like to and do need some extra help.

Let me know if anyone is there????
Patti
Forums Newcomer

Postby Jimbo_D » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:00 am

here!
We are all dead, safe, and in heaven-
Jimbo_D
Forums Enthusiast

Postby whitmore_fan » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi Patti, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of resources available on this web site including e-meetings and literature. Please join in and post if you have any questions or just want to share.

Best wishes
Ian
"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"
whitmore_fan
Forums Contributor

Newcomer

Postby bubs656 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:00 am

Hi patti,my name is emma and im new to all this inline stuff, So if u need anything e-mail me as i have found it all a bit daunting.

I cant get to meetings in the UK due to childcare, so this helps.

Best wishes

Emma. :lol:
bubs656
Forums Newcomer

Thanks for all who responded

Postby Patti » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:22 am

I would like to get more involved in this forum but I'v never been one to get into chat line type things.....thought I was computer literate but finding out my kids are better at this than me..haah. How do you get into the online meetings?
I'v been strugeling a bit this last week, I fell on concrete and really messed up my knee. So off work the entire week and can't do a whole lot. They say you put as much time into staying sober as you did when you were drinking so I thought if I could connect here it may be one more helpful thing.
Patti
Patti
Forums Newcomer

Postby Blue Moon » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:12 pm

Here at e-AA there are various different "formats" of meeting. You're reading this in the discussion forums, there's also the "live" chat meetings, and email meetings.

There's plenty of opportunity to be of service within the group. We have group officers, elected in the business meeting, and we also have sober members doing lots of other stuff. For example, we have the moderatos here, or there's the 12th Step list where sober folk respond to email for help, or the literature committee where we send a free Big Book to those who want it, the "live" chat folk sometimes look for new leaders, the email meetings sometimes look for a secretary or someone to post some daily readings. And so on.

But being of service can be far simpler - just by posting in the forums, be it a question, response or just sharing, you play a part in keeping the forums alive. Otherwise, they'd end up looking like a f2f meeting where nobody shares :?
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Holly96 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi patti!

If you want an online meeting, the times are listed under the discussion tab, under "real time chat" meetings. You have to create an ID but you get walked through it, and its just a matter of making sure you get the right time zone for the meetings start time. I have attended them, and they are a wonderful tool .

Here in the forums, there is usually some one browsing around. You can also PM (private message) or email people you choose to. (feel free to email or PM me anytime). :D Click around on the links, there is quite a bit here.

Good for you reaching out for help since you are dealing with some down time, and some pain. OUCH. Knee injuries are difficult, and the knee is so crucial for evrything from sitting, to standing up, to walking. Hope your feleing better, and feel free to ask any questions about the forums, e meetings , service work here.....whatever your wondering!!

we are all here to stay sober today, and share with others, this journey called sobriety. :-)
don't leave before the miracle...you will be amazed.

Holly
Holly96
Forums Long Timer

Return to Discussions