FEELINGS OF REMORSE AND GUILT

For recovery discussion

Postby Jim 725 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:32 am

" WE will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it." (Big Book, p83)
It's no coincidence that we are told this will happen after we have begun our ninth step.
When I was drinking I felt guilty if it rained on the tourists, and felt guilty if it didn't rain for the farmers. Now I only feel guilty when I've done something wrong and haven't made amends.
Isn't it strange how doing something as simple as taking the twelve steps can change "our whole attitude and outlook upon life." (p84)
Jim S.
Jim 725

Postby keithd » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:32 pm

I like what page 124 says (Cling to the thought that,in God's hands,the dark past is the greatest possession you have-the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and missery for them.) What i get from that is maybe i went through the hell i did so i can help another drunk sometime in my life find his or her way out. Kind of like Bill did with Dr Bob that day. Nothing is wasted,my experience no matter how bad is a tool.
keithd
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:40 am

Jim 725 wrote:Isn't it strange how doing something as simple as taking the twelve steps can change "our whole attitude and outlook upon life." (p84)
Jim S.

Yup, absolutely. We can't and won't believe it till we try it. The effects are amazing.
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to Discussions