As Bill Sees it Reading

For recovery discussion
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

As Bill Sees it Reading

Post by PaigeB » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:06 am

From June 20th of the Daily Reflections
RELEASE FROM FEAR

The problem of resolving fear has two aspects. We shall have to try for all the freedom from fear that is possible for us to attain. Then we shall need to find both the courage and grace to deal constructively with whatever fears remain.

AS BILL SEES IT, p. 61
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: As Bill Sees it Reading

Post by PaigeB » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:29 am

FEAR AND FAITH

The achievement of freedom from fear is a lifetime undertaking, one that can never be wholly completed. When under heavy attack, acute illness, or in other conditions of serious insecurity, we shall all react to this emotion — well or badly, as the case may be. Only the self-deceived will claim perfect freedom from fear.
AS BILL SEES IT, p. 263
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Walker580
Forums Newcomer

Post by Walker580 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:08 am

I was taught and I have learned that we as people shouldn't fear no one or anything but (God). We can always turn to Him when there is no one else around to help. I find myself deep in my thoughts of prayer often. I have been in many awful, strange and impossible situations. However God has never failed me yet. He might not answer when I call Him but He's always on time, Amen 🙏 🙏🙏

innermost
Forums Enthusiast

Post by innermost » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:05 pm

This fear business is a big one.

I discovered that I actually lived in a, what seemed normal state of fear and angst.

This is where alcohol came in, it was my fear reliever.

This drinking life was one of a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde existence.

Resentment inventory was easy compared to this fear dilemma.

I am daily looking out for fear creeping into my decision making.

Yes the HP is my answer and I thank you PaigeB for this topic.
The first 164 pg. is the program!

Abby
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Abby » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:42 pm

Im Abby and I'm an alcoholic. Fear was a topic of one of my meetings this week and it's a great one. Ive been living in fear all year, since my 3rd DUI last September. I'll be sentenced in a couple of months, and the angst has caused several relapses this year. I was sober for 3 years before relapsing last July. I'm also going through a divorce. The divorce probably should have happened years ago, but fear kept me in a toxic relationship because I was so afraid to imagine being alone, and so afraid of all I could lose. After my relapses, I'm tired. Tired of relapsing, tired of feeling scared and anxious, and tired of trying to run from unpleasant situations. So finally, I'm committed to no more relapses. And it's amazing how much my anxiety has subsided and my confidence has soared! Im going to have to go to prison... which is completely unheard of. But there will be a silver lining somewhere... maybe I can help others, or at least learn a lot about myself, and I'll come out of it a better person. And I'm no l longer afraid to be alone. I'm more alone in a negative relationship than I will be on my own. So I love the topic of fear because without fear we wouldn't be able to grow.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:28 am

I am doing better at surrendering my fear. Seems backwards to surrender the fear rather than fight the fear, but surrender is what works. I simply have to believe that my HP has something in mind that I haven't thought of! So far, this has not failed and even when I hit what I think is a HUGE glitch - when I surrender and become willing to see how it works out, my brain stops running (well not as much running) and I am able to function without hurting the people around me.

I need to take ACTIONS out of a place of LOVE and not a place of FEAR.

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real!

I often have to ask for help surrendering, but when I do surrender and go over to the winning team I feel better inside - no matter what is going on outside.

Brock
Trusted Servant

Post by Brock » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:18 pm

We redid the ‘start here’ items, and these now appear as ‘active topics,’ so I am bumping a few items like this to the top.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:35 pm

Thanks Brock!