Crux of the Problem

For recovery discussion
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Re: Crux of the Problem

Post by D'oh » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 pm

I had that ah ah moment that I cant drink forever and I was ok with it and gained confidence that we could live rest of the life without this obsession ever come back.
The "Crux" of the solution. "Completely give one's self to this Simple Program"

Every day is a Day I have to ask for My Sobriety. Reminding myself that I don't own my Sobriety, I just get use of the Gift, if I ask.

PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Re: Crux of the Problem

Post by PaigeB » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:55 am

Reminds me of yesterday's Daily Reflection reading:
March 12th ~ A DAY’S PLAN

On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 86

Every day I ask God to kindle within me the fire of His love, so that love, burning bright and clear, will illuminate my thinking and permit me to better do His will. Throughout the day, as I allow outside circumstances to dampen my spirits, I ask God to sear my consciousness with the awareness that I can start my day over any time I choose; a hundred times, if necessary.

From the book Daily Reflections
Copyright © 1990 by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65