Gratitude

For recovery discussion

Gratitude

Postby Spirit Flower » Sun May 06, 2018 12:56 pm

I am sitting here with the chills.

I talked in the meeting today. People thanked me. As I walked out I said, "Hi Carl." Carl said, "Do you have a God box?" "No," I said. He said, "wait here a moment." Well, I followed him out to his truck. He gave me a cigar box with a hand painted humming bird on the front. Hand painted by him! What a valuable gift. I feel so great that someone would give me a gift.

AA has given me a great sober life. The AA groups I attend allow anyone to be part of them. The fellowship part of AA should not be missed. Where it says in "A Vision for You" about how great is the fellowship of AA, believe it. "Life will mean something at last," happened to me today.

Do you have a God box? Do you use it?
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Re: Gratitude

Postby Brock » Sun May 06, 2018 4:49 pm

A couple of members I know speak about this God box idea, and say it’s a great way to hand over things which are worrying them. They write it down and place it in the hands of their higher power by putting it in the box. A thoughtful gift like this especially when someone decorated it themselves is wonderful, and I imagine he got as much out of giving it as you did receiving, AA fellowship at it’s best.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Chelle » Sun May 06, 2018 5:25 pm

I have a God box! A girl in my sponsorship line gave it to me. It's a painted Altoids type tin with the serenity prayer on the top. It has little papers and the tiniest pencil that I have ever seen inside. =biggrin It sits on my nightstand and I see it everyday. When there is somthing on my mind that I just can not let go of, I write it down and stick it in the box. If it keeps cropping up, I remind myself where its at.

Thank God for the Carls of the world. Sounds like a great day, Spirit. Thanks for sharing!
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby positrac » Mon May 07, 2018 4:21 am

Funny you mentioned God box because back in the day and I mean back that term was used a lot to help people with acceptance of all forms and even past events that needed to new home as to leave the free rent between the ears. Gratitude is wonderful and many people in the rooms have a great outlook on life and help others working to find brighter days. I knew a man many years ago who died sober with like 30 odd years and he worked on wall street and was a real party animal. He told me he hid in his addiction because of his work ethics and how he earned. I never wanted to know anymore than that and I respected his focus and he was one of those people I'd travel back to Florida to see when I was in the states and it was always such a cool opportunity. I came back after a few years and I found out he had crossed over and it took me back because he wasn't supposed to die! I needed him in my selfish way and yet letting my spirit calm down several weeks later I reflected on my gratitude of his time I had with him as he opened my mind, soul and spirit up to AA and the opportunities in the program. Thank you Jeff J. NYC.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Postby Jean73 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:21 pm

I have never heard of this. What a wonderful thing. And I think our higher power works through others.
Jean73
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:40 am

Wow. So very cool.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Forums Old Timer

Return to Discussions