Vehicular Homicide

For recovery discussion

Vehicular Homicide

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:48 am

First time, in my life I ran into a person serving 4 for this at the corrections facility. He had been to 3 rehabs yet, never had the desire to stay stopped. And then this happened. Its that insanity that the book talks about.

The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.

God willing this guy could awaken, if he works for it.

I am so grateful I got into the rooms, with relatively low damage. I know, we cant scare people into recovery and this memory of this incident is not going to keep me sober. I have to work on my spiritual condition each day.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: Vehicular Homicide

Postby beginningagain7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:12 am

Cunning, baffling, powerful that is what this disease of alcoholism is.

Sometimes an incident where someone has killed another person because of them driving drunk does wake people up to the idea that maybe they have a problem. But then maybe not. I have read stories and have heard stories of people that have had multiple DUI but just didn't get the idea that they had a problem.

The only way a person can get sobriety is that they want it. A judge sending someone to AA doesn't solve the problem. Family member that keep nagging their family member about stop drinking does not work. The only solutions is that the person themselves wants to stop. This disease is cunning, baffling, and powerful and it take the willingness for a person to reach out for a spiritual solution to over come it. And only then will they find success.

In vehicular homicide cases my heart goes out to the family that they lost because of the situation. Then I pray that the person that caused this person death. And I thank my HP every-time that I hear about this kind of situation, that it wasn't me behind the wheel and that I woke up in time and got help through A.A. with a open mind. And the desire to quit.

Have a good day,
Beginningagain4
John T.
beginningagain7
Trusted Servant

Return to Discussions