Forgiving myself for hurting others

For recovery discussion

Re: Forgiving myself for hurting others

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:00 am

Recently been hearing in meetings, most struggle forgiving themselves for their past, but they could forgive others easily for their upheavals. I have to understand that just as others where driven by hundred forms of fear and greed, I was driven "by the selfish self-centered" nature of my mind. I didn't have a choice in the way I acted. Something similar to powerlessness over alcohol. I was not capable of behaving different. There is compassion for my own state of being. Today, If i am spiritually not connected, I am in the same state. The beauty of it is, we recognize that its not worth being caught in the same state of dis-functionality.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: Forgiving myself for hurting others

Postby Layne » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 am

I believe that energies attract like energies, and that my attitudes and behaviors attract more of the same, so that seeds can be planted and the thing that I'm experiencing and focusing about grows and multiplies, and by injecting negativity in to their lives I produced the same effect.

I have similar beliefs. I also try to stay mindfully aware in the present moment because that is where the future takes it first steps. Replace shame and remorse with mercy and compassion. Treat yourself the way you hope to treat others. Plant a good harvest in the energies.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to Discussions