3 months sober and pregnant

For recovery discussion

3 months sober and pregnant

Postby odat12 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:29 am

Hi all,

So I've recently found out I'm pregnant. We've been wanting this for a while so I thought this would be a happy time and I'm feeling quite apprehensive and guilty for feeling apprehensive as we've been wanting this. With becoming sober and having two miscarriages in the past, I can't seem to "feel". And this isn't the only thing either. It seems since getting sober, I just don't feel like I used to. As I'm starting to get used to this whole sobriety thing, I can't believe this has actually happened now. I should be happy and excited. I should be grateful. But all I feel is paralyzed.
odat12
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 3 months sober and pregnant

Postby Layne » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 am

Congratulations. The way you are feeling are just thoughts, nothing more. They will remain in your head as long as you allow them to.

"Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea."...Shunryu Suzuki
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:47 pm

The way a woman feels about being pregnant can vary widely; even for non-alcoholics. Just the miscarriages add an emotional complication to once again being pregnant; probably the guilt has to do with this. Do you have a solid older woman to talk to? Is your doctor a woman with whom you can share these feelings? With pregnancy, alot goes on with hormones which affects how you feel. I would seriously find a councilor. Don't torture yourself by keeping all this inside.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby D'oh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:49 pm

I have never been Pregnant, but I have been 3 Months Sober a couple of times. Early Sobriety for me, started with Fear, then Hope, then Relief, then Pink Cloud, then the Falling off of that Cloud. Until I worked All of the Steps, that "Perfect Peace and Ease" was missing.
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Return to Discussions