The suppression of harmful consumption through addiction

For recovery discussion

The suppression of harmful consumption through addiction

Postby ieei » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:09 am

I thought about how suppressing a person may decrease their consumption of non-fair trade, of non- eco items, of animal products and similar. I look at it coldly; would suppressing people with alcohol, drugs etc. Decrease the harm to earth?
My conclusion: visibly yes, statically measurable in the past and probably still yes.

However when you infactor the microbiological burden resulting, increasing stress - hindering healthy growth and increasing consumption to not feel the pain, then no.

Look at the trend: doing less, isolation (quarantine-like) and generally a decrease in activity.

There is of course the issue of addiction that becomes collective; the low increases more and more and as any addict knows; it only gets worse and worse along the way. The biological stress the worsening, the damage only a part of the low. The metaphoric - heart damage the worst.
ieei
Forums Newcomer

Re: The suppression of harmful consumption through addiction

Postby desypete » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:04 am

keep coming back
desypete
Forums Contributor

Postby Brock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:57 am

Hello ieei, you are welcome here if you have a problem with alcohol, we also answer questions from those who are trying to assist someone close to them. But I am afraid your interest seems more on the level of research into addiction, and it’s effect on society, something which this site is not focused on.

If you have a problem please let us know how we may help, if you don’t, we wish you the best of luck in finding somewhere that readers may be interested in your research theories.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby clouds » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:17 am

Welcome ieei! :)
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Return to Discussions