alcoholics and airports

For recovery discussion

alcoholics and airports

Postby ieei » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 pm

I considered why alcoholics gain a desire to drink in airports.

1. The airports are places of high diversity, even non-domestic, as these break with the perceptual and cultural barriers that arise and divide people. This also means microbiologically: a particular stress.

2. MJ is my preferred drug, I have only bordered on active alcoholism, I do not get this desire. For me airports are a place of rest and always have been.

3. Considering the time and era, the fellowship started around the time of the naivete, albeit in a different part of the world; not long after long - distance communication became possible. This means that the fellowship arose on a different part of the same wave; likely having to do with a western wide call for unity (nazies: uniforms etc.).

4. These together: alcoholics like have a dislike for a particular kind of diversity, an incompatability. It may be specific streams of biology going through airports. MJ addicts likely another, not airport bound to my experience.

5. The Wright brothers story is not too happy...
ieei
Forums Newcomer

Re: alcoholics and airports

Postby Brock » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:53 pm

I considered why alcoholics gain a desire to drink in airports.

I don’t believe that it has much to do with a particular stress caused by streams of biology or whatever, flying is stressful for most people, and a practicing alcoholic not drinking suffers stress just being awake, far less flying. Rest assured a recovered alcoholic practicing the program of AA, gets no more desire to drink in airports than they do anywhere else.
This means that the fellowship arose on a different part of the same wave; likely having to do with a western wide call for unity (nazies: uniforms etc.).

I don’t pretend to understand this “the fellowship started around the time of the naivete” business, or anything to do with unity, western or otherwise. But our history simply shows a couple of fellows, one a stockbroker the other a doctor, discovering that one alcoholic helping another kept both sober. The fact that over a few years they took this message to more alcoholics, who also recovered, and wrote a book which detailed their methods, a book which gained popularity and resulted in a worldwide fellowship called Alcoholics Anonymous. This fellowship offers a simple program for recovery, and one of their watchwords is keep it simple. I am afraid you may be complicating something which we go to some lengths to avoid doing.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Return to Discussions