New to emeetings

For recovery discussion

New to emeetings

Postby stefni4246 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:01 am

Good afternoon
I am new to this forum, and have finally figured out how to sign up for everything.
I am an alcoholic who has been sober for almost 4 months.
However, I am hard of hearing. I have a favorite meeting I attend every morning from 7-8 a.m. it's a good way to start my day, but lately I have been very frustrated as I cannot hear when people share. For a long time I was o.k.with that, I took what I could get from what I heard, but now a hearing aid has died and I am hearing even less than before.

Talk about isolating. That has been my downfall; I lost my job a year ago and cannot find another one that does not require hearing...no luck.

I'm alone, and it's so very quiet all of the time.

Stephanie
stefni4246
Forums Newcomer

Re: New to emeetings

Postby Brock » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:08 am

Welcome here Stephanie. Congratulations on the 4 months (almost), sorry to hear about your trials with hearing, we have good folks here and I hope you feel at 'home.'
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Roberth » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 am

Hello Stephanie and welcome to E-AA. My name is Robert and I am los Angeles Area alcoholic. I hope you get the problem with you hearing aid taken care and even when you do you are welcomed here.
Robert
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in pretty, well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW What a ride!!!!
Roberth
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am

Hi Stephanie. I would contact my ear doc and ask the nurse about options and social services to help. And find the hearing impaired community near you! Make AA calls (and others)using the UR Relay services provided near you.

That being said - Welcome! We are here 24/7/365 and usually busy on and off. Checkout the new topics tabs to see what is hopping for the day!

Keep coming - don't give up! We went through anything to drink, now we go through anything to stay sober!

:D
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Chelle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Welcome Stephanie!

E aa is a great way to bridge the gap. Glad you found us. =biggrin I attend a meeting with a hearing impaired man. He has a sign language lady that meets him there every week. Maybe that's an option?
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Cristy99 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello there Stephanie!!!

Welcome!!!

I'm so sorry to hear of your problems with hearing. I cannot imagine how difficult that must be for you. I was just thinking, trying to come up with even one job that doesn't require hearing. Wow. Paige mentioned getting social services involved. What a good idea!! Maybe you could find someone in social services who has the right contacts to find work for the hearing impaired. I hope so!!!

I am pretty new to this forum too. I am absolutely loving it!! There is a lot of loving, caring, and sharing here. There are many members here who are very wise...and a few "wise guys" too!! Not mentioning any names JohnDaniels!! :lol: I love the way I can ask any question or voice any concern and not be judged. It feels like family here...just like with face to face meetings. I love the different points of view I get here that are teaching me to think outside the box.

Keep posting Stephanie, if you want to. Congratulations on your decision to work on a better life for yourself!! Way to go!!!
Private message me if you want. To message someone, you just click on their name at the top of the message box or at the right side of the message. :D

Keep your chin up. You can do this!!!

Cristy
"Talk doesn't cook rice."
~ Chinese proverb
Cristy99
Forums Enthusiast

Postby WendyR » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome. I too am sorry to hear about your struggles and the fact that you lost (hopefully only temporary) one of the things that brightened up your day each morning (you 7 to 8 am meeting, that is). It's sad to hear you feel isolated and hopefully, you'll find sanctity here while you sort things out. :-)

I too am new to this forum and already feel welcomed by the lots of caring people on here. Hopefully, you'll feel the same.

` Wendy
WendyR
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Jojo2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Welcome Stephanie

Our e-AA chat Meetings are in 'real time' with open chat before and after and the format replicates face to face in as much as we are able.

We have no audio option, just typing.

We generally have a small group with the opportunity for all to share or listen if they prefer. You will be made to feel most welcome and allowed to share at your own pace.

To register for the chat room please link to:

http://www.e-aa.org/chat_register.php

To log in:
http://www.e-aa.org/chat.php

The full schedule can be found here:

http://www.e-aa.org/chat/eaa_chat_schedule_full.php

We also provide a temporary sponsor facility here at e-AA
http://www.e-aa.org/form_sponsors.php

All good wishes

Jojo
Jojo2
Forums Enthusiast

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:29 am

Stephanie

One of the best resource I could share is the Joe and Charlie workshop. Luckily, one of the sites carry the transcriptions. Because of the restrictions, I will have to send the information regarding the site via PM. Please watch for it.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby stefni4246 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:38 am

My goodness, thank you all for the response!
I'm very excited that I found this forum, as it is not audio!!!!!
I am seeing my ear doctor in two weeks and will get my hearing aid repaired.
This e-forum could be the answer!

Thank you all, again, and I will post more.

Stephanie
stefni4246
Forums Newcomer

Postby Cristy99 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:48 am

WENDYR:

Welcome here!!! Nice to meet you!!! =wink

STEPHANIE:

I hear hope in your words. Music to my ears!!!! =biggrin

XOX,
Cristy
"Talk doesn't cook rice."