Utter Inability to leave it alone!

For recovery discussion

Re: Utter Inability to leave it alone!

Postby positrac » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:30 am

Brock,
May I say that is impressive!
Thank you for your time and dedication regarding this topic and for getting the powers to be expediting a fix with the literature.

You are a person of action and it is rare these days and again well done for these efforts.

=biggrin
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 am

Letter deleted

Wow. Awesome.

See the problem with alcoholics is we don't read the complete pamphlet or the book.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby D'oh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:37 am

letter deleted

Did they mention when the Name was to change? To BA, or AB, something of the likes.

A "Simple Program, for Complex Thinkers"
D'oh
Forums Long Timer

Postby Brock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 am

Did they mention when the Name was to change? To BA, or AB, something of the likes.

It took a little while for the 'penny to drop' on that one, I didn't understand, and in case others don't, I think you are referring to BA and AB as myself and advaneesh.

Come on man D'oh, it was just a tongue in cheek made up letter, and it did say “members like yourself and avaneesh,” members like indicates there are others as well. At any rate, those are the persons who do the most 'reminding' to newcomers about the steps and the powerlessness, especially avaneesh. And it's something I believe everyone should do more of, because that's where the solution is found.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:11 am

Hummmm - I would rather see a scanned attachment... how about the name of the person who signed it and their number. I have had many interactions with people at GSO USA/Canada and the language contained in the response seems WAY over the top. Perhaps it is a culture thing.

I would like to check further if you don't mind. It does not seem quite right for them to completely diss their own conference approved literature.

Not into a discussion on it - just the name & number for sourcing.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:46 am

I'm confused
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby avaneesh912 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 am

i think they censored (perhaps temporarily) what Brock posted. Because they need to have proof that it was really from AWS.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am

The deletion of the "letter" is not temporary. There was no letter from GSO - Brock made it up and states so in his response to D'oh above.

Joking about such things is inflammatory and was permanently deleted.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:10 am

Well my “letter” from GSO has been deleted by a moderator, and at least in her case she saw some of the humor in it. I am sorry if some thought it was an actual letter from them, I mean it wasn’t even signed, anyhow my bad, I should have indicated it was make believe. It's a pity it couldn't have stayed up long enough, for the person who challenged me to post it, to see it, because it was a well worded response, to the absurdity of referring to a 24 page document as AA's 24 Hour Plan, when only a half page is devoted to that subject.

I have also just received an “official” warning from another moderator, that by pretending that the letter was real I am in deep trouble, any further trouble from me my backside will be grass.

Now what about this moderation business, for those who don't know. The way it's meant to work, is if a moderator feels a post is unsuitable, it can be removed from the board and put into the moderators discussion area. There all the moderators will give an opinion, where by majority it is decided that the post be returned to the board, or remain deleted. This is how it has worked for years, certainly since I came here in 2012, and from my own experience serving as a moderator.

Now we have a system whereby a single moderator can be judge jury and executioner. This may have arisen due to a general lack in number of moderators, or more likely due to having moderators who do not visit this site at least once a day, in effect inactive moderators. So if a decision by vote is to be made, we will have to wait a very long time to hear from them all. This is happening through no fault of the general membership, and the site would be better served, if moderators who have the time to devote to the job were selected.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 am

You just stated one moderator removed it and the other issued a warning.

Time to be responsible for your own actions and quit blaming the Mods.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:28 am

I am not blaming any moderators, one removed it without consultation, the other issued an “official” warning, both acted independently. Why for example wasn’t I asked to indicate in the letter that it was made up by me, quicker and simpler a moderator could have inserted that information as an edit.

I guarantee one thing, if that had been put in front of a 'proper' panel of moderators, the way it's supposed to work, this would have ended differently. If the fact that it was a 'made up' response was included, it certainly would not have been deemed unfit for posting.
Time to be responsible for your own actions and quit blaming the Mods.

I did, please read before posting.
...anyhow my bad, I should have indicated it was make believe.
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am

Pretty off handed "my bad". Not real amends when you follow with "I'm bad, BUT you are worse."

Get over it. Acceptance is the answer ...
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm

It may be 'off handed,' but you didn't even read it in the first place, same when you wrote things like “Hummmm - I would rather see a scanned attachment... how about the name of the person who signed it and their number.” When 15 minutes before that I told D'oh it was a fake, writing like machine gun Kelly without first reading what members are saying.

And it's not hard to get over, I write stuff like that all the time, acceptance is a bit more difficult however. Acceptance of the fact that you as a single moderator could act as judge jury and executioner, as evidenced in this post -
The deletion of the "letter" is not temporary...Joking about such things is inflammatory and was permanently deleted.

You get to decide what's inflammatory all by yourself, a new low for our beloved e-AA.
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Brock come on now. Spirit deleted the post at 12:12 and I actually had it on my screen at that time. I did a copy and paste to take it to the Mod Forum where I saw that she already posted and email you. I posted in the Mod Forum at 12:14.

That email was not enough for me - I asked for an official warning. Then, with her support, I took that action.

At no time was I alone in this... do not forgot that another member of e-aa was who reported you. B E F O R E either Spirit or I saw it.

If you continue in this manner I will BAN YOU. The decision has been made and your attempts to sully the reputations of the Moderators has gone far enough.
how about the name of the person who signed it and their number.” When 15 minutes before that I told D'oh it was a fake,

THE LIE that GSO did a letter commending you made me sick. I did not read your flippant response to D'oh. Nor did I need to. YOU MADE A MISTAKE.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Discussions