Ambiguity.

For recovery discussion

Re: Ambiguity.

Postby desypete » Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 pm

PaigeB wrote:My daughter made me a painting for my birthday a couple years back. She is not in the program, she used the Tree I often use to represent solid grounding while reaching toward the sky. She used what I think is the full quote of that one avaneesh...

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey
We spiritual beings on a human journey.

She was pretty happy to hear it was a phrase often referred to in AA!

i would agree with that as i am a human being and selfishness is a human condition that most if not all suffer from
if you look into the bible or even look at a church congregation its full of life lessons for people to try to learn how to be better people

that is what aa gives to me its my church if you like and i learn or try to learn how to be a better person and it works for me, it also has the knock on effect that the more giving i can try to be the more freedom i enjoy
the hard part is putting it into action as there is so much good stuff on tv or no need to go out the door these days but to me that would kill my spirit hence i have to keep on coming back to aa for my spirit to keep on growing
thankfully i will never be perfect but it sure doesn't stop me trying to strive.
so this journey for me is very much a journey of growth so long as i work for it that is
desypete
Forums Contributor

Re: Ambiguity.

Postby clouds » Mon May 22, 2017 3:20 am

This is a nice place to conclude our topic and we are now at page five.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Discussions