Best city in the USA for a 90 day recovery

For recovery discussion

Re: Best city in the USA for a 90 day recovery

Postby phs455 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm

ezdzit247 wrote:Hi phs455.

Good to hear from you again.

I like your list! When do you arrive in Houston?

June 21st
phs455
Forums Newcomer

Postby phs455 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:51 pm

desypete wrote:
Brock wrote:
How about we let him walk in the door before shooting down his plan?

If we feel based on our experience that he may be walking in the wrong door, or with too high expectations, and spending a lot of time and money doing so, we have a duty to speak up.

your duty seems to be trying to get them to run away before they ever have a chance

i did 90 meetings in 90 days infact i did more as i did 2 meetings a day for ages as it was the only place i felt safe
now during those 90 meetings in 90 days guess what happend ?

i heard about a book, i heard about a sponsor,i heard about the steps, and i heard all about me so that i was able to fully identify myself as an alcoholic. but the best thing was for 90 days i was sober and in 90 days my brain was starting to clear up out of the drunken fog, and of course i got hope that maybe just maybe there might be a way here for me to end the madness of my life

today i have done thousands of meetings and still keep on coming back. thanks to those early members who kept it all so simple for me, i mean any idiot can do 90 meetings in 90
its a target to aim for and to give new comers a chance at staying sober enough to hear what else is on offer in aa
same as living for one day at a time or trying to get through a day without picking up that first drink

i dont know anyone in aa who came to there first meeting did the steps found god and went home happy full of god and no desire to drink
but i know plenty of aa members who had to come to there first meeting and keep on coming back until some pennies would start to sink in

90 meetings in 90 days was the best bit of information i got in my first meeting along with do not pick up that first drink, and it started the road to my recovery

Thank you. I already have the mentally.

Yep, an idiot can do 90 days, it's really easy if you have no other choice.

I want to this for myself.

What the program makes it so amazing, is that I know people, in the program. Their lives are so much better than mine. I mean, amazing lives and successes.

I wasted 20 years of my life.
phs455
Forums Newcomer

Postby ezdzit247 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:50 pm

phs455 wrote:
ezdzit247 wrote:Hi phs455.

Good to hear from you again.

I like your list! When do you arrive in Houston?

June 21st

Awesome! Summer solstice is the ancient Egyptian new year and a very auspicious day for new beginnings.

Wasted? Naaaah....you're right on time.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:13 pm

You are a winner at the Delta Club.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby avaneesh912 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:31 am

Unfortunately we don't realize that early in the disease. I was watching HBO program on Alcoholism among Americans. But you got to understand they mix all alcohol abusers with alcoholics. But nevertheless, most don't want to quit. They want to moderate. Yes, the moment we realize there is something wrong with our drinking, we attempt moderation, then it takes another few years before we realize we can't moderate, then we wake up to the fact that we cant stay stopped on our own. Only then the 12 steps will work.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:20 am

I did 90 in 90 as well, based on a suggestion from another in AA. I didn't stop at 90 though. Went to over a hundred and only missed because i went out of town. It worked out really good for me. I don't expect others to be able to do it. Most have kids and work odd hours and just can't do it. My experience was much like Pete's. I heard what I needed to hear, learned a lot about myself, and the other regulars at my home group. I still hit 3 or 4 meeting a week. Not sure if I would drink without them or not. Haven't tried it again..I slipped the last time I thought I didn't need meetings.my spiritual condition wasn't so great and I thought I was fine . I need others who know me well enough to know when I am off the beam, and also to be reminded by the people who come back in that it really is miserable out there..or to remind others what it was like for me..WORSE.

Glad you found something positive. Northern Illinois has so e really good AA if you are ever in the area!
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby tomsteve » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:04 am

phs455 wrote:.

at this time you feel that way as did i when i forst got into recovery.
now my past is a very valuable posession-many,many lessons on what doesnt work too good.
plus it might come in handy to help someone else feel they arent alone and that there is a solution.
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Previous

Return to Discussions