Great Fact for us!

For recovery discussion

Great Fact for us!

Postby avaneesh912 » Tue May 02, 2017 5:01 am

Ask Him in your morning meditation what you can do each day for the man who is still sick. The answers will come, if your own house is in order. But obviously you cannot transmit something you haven't got. See to it that your relationship with Him is right, and great events will come to pass for you and countless others. This is the Great Fact for us.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: Great Fact for us!

Postby positrac » Tue May 02, 2017 8:51 am

Good points and one major thought is that you have to have some time living sober and have learned how to keep the house in some better order than before. Sometimes I've witnessed people new to the program that want to engage in points outside the scope because they haven't learned to be accountable and figure if they fix everyone else then all is forgiven and this is not how it works.

I take for granted some aspects because of the years of different living and I've sometimes I've felt I've forgotten maybe more than I've learned.....? So your post is a good reminder of the message of our founder, and our maker on the earth we currently reside on.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Re: Great Fact for us!

Postby kdub720 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:29 pm

I like this post. Thank you. Srevice to others and faith above are what I look for every day. The ability to share what you have learned with other who struggle is what our community is about. I cant do this without the higher power. Higher power and service through sharing keeps me inspired when I feel low.
kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Discussions