Low self esteem/alcoholism, the cycle

For recovery discussion

Re: Low self esteem/alcoholism, the cycle

Postby Busanteacher9 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:44 pm

I also know where you are coming from (relationship wise). In my 20's, I was in a similarly horrible relationship. I was on and off again with a total loser, until one day I felt like I had enough. We broke up for good, and my life got better and better.

Still, I managed to find my own demise. On the outside, I have a great life. My husband is a University professor and researcher. I am a teacher, am starting grad school... but still i have a drinking problem. I feel like it's hurting my body, on the inside.

I think you have to make a lot of changes. Starting with your broken relationship. I know when I finally got out of that relationship, I had more money, more time to think about my future.... maybe you can work on everything a little at a time? Toxic relationships have Togo though.......
Busanteacher9
Forums Newcomer

Re: Low self esteem/alcoholism, the cycle

Postby kdub720 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Great post.
This made me think of my drinking patterns and what lifestyle choices I may have made in order to keep drinking as a reason to hide pain. I am an old broken snowboarder and am quick to use that physical pain as an excuse to drink. THank you for sharing it helped me reflect on my own path.
kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Discussions