Alcoholic (which is sober) requesting phone call

For recovery discussion

Alcoholic (which is sober) requesting phone call

Postby Danoldo123 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:09 am

block the number.

I need a voice of reason. I'll admittedly say there's not one word I wont say that is a lie. It will all be truth. I'll listen. I like to use the "If you do _____, It makes me feel ________, and I wish you would do _________".

My core values are me, family, my therapy dogs, and sobriety. I am not perfect, I am a human.

If you are someone with time under your belt, I simple need a voice of reasoning.

Please PM me and I'll PM you back.
Danoldo123
Forums Newcomer

Re: Alcoholic (which is sober) requesting phone call

Postby Spirit Flower » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:48 am

Welcome Don. e-AA is a good place to start but most likely you'll get the best help from going to an AA meeting. Based on your post, a little more sharing is needed before anyone would know what else to say. But someone might pm you.

To find a meeting, call your local intergroup, or check here http://www.e-aa.org/links/index.php
You can also find a copy of our text Alcoholics Anonymous in that page.

To find out about temporary sponsors check here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5297
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby clouds » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:10 am

Welcome Dan! :)

I found a few people that I could talk to at AA meetings and they were happy to answer my questions and tell me how they got sober, sharing with me the basic principles of the AA way of living and it works for me.

Please get to as many meetings as you can and keep a look out for those you might feel you can talk to.

Also, here at e-AA you can find support for your sobriety and answers on the AA program for living.
Take part in some of the topics and ask all questions you could have.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Lali » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:45 pm

If you want to speak to someone on the telephone, look up AA in your local phone directory. Someone there will speak to you.

Welcome!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Discussions