Bad confrontation

For recovery discussion

Re: Bad confrontation

Postby avaneesh912 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:18 am

Read the bottom of the preface. Its up to individual who has to decide whether this process is going to work for him/her or not. I saw it worked in others, i became curious and then excited that i could lead a life where booze doesn't have to be central focus of my life. So, I launched a course of rigorous action and experienced exactly what the 10th step promise talks about. I don't have to worry about people going out, all the cliches you hear in the rooms, deaths, whatever. Statistics don't matter. This is a baffling disease so I go into this with the acceptance that I am going to see failures in others because very few people understand the true nature of this disease. For most powerlessness is after they take the 1st drink. For me its after I put down the drink, the problem starts. Its mental. Nothing to do with craving piece.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Reborn » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:44 pm

7 months sober and trying to change AA...I see this all the time. Be happy that you can make a decision to not drink ever again and just stop without working the steps...for millions of Alcoholics myself included this is an impossibility. The slurs regarding your sexual orientation are absolutely wrong and have no place in this world...but the program of AA is and always will be the steps..I'm sorry for the bad confrontation you had with these "hardliners"...but I suspect you had more to do with it than you let on....we always play a part...ALWAYS
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132
Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Postby tomsteve » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:36 am

Also- If AA is to truly follow its claim of not being tied to any sect, denomination, organization or institution serious reconsideration must be made to remove any reference to any specific religion.

can ya point out evidence to your claim here?

I can laugh today at people who complain about aa. taking the easier softer way of criticizing AA and expecting it to change instead of getting off their asses, writing a book, and starting a recovery program and meetings.

I laugh because it remoinds me of me when I was an ego centric drunk who had all the answers to the worlds problems yet the only thing id do about it is Expletive,moan,and complain over a drink/
then there was the dry drunk me- egocentric and knew what was wrong with aa and its members, what NEEDED to be changed, aaaaaand got my head popped out of my arse by one of them BB thumpers that took the time to explain to me-over and over and over and over- that it was me with the problem.
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Previous

Return to Discussions