AA Conventions

For recovery discussion

AA Conventions

Postby Roman James » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:43 pm

With a little over 100 days of sobriety and still learning about the program, I am interested in checking out conventions. How can I obtain a schedule of cities and dates for upcoming conventions? I'm also curious what exactly happens at these conventions? Any help would be appreciated.
Roman James
Forums Enthusiast

Re: AA Conventions

Postby Blue Moon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:58 pm

They basically have a bunch of meetings, workshops, etc. Each Area has their own, I've not seen any single list of different conventions in different places.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby ezdzit247 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:00 am

Roman James wrote:With a little over 100 days of sobriety and still learning about the program, I am interested in checking out conventions. How can I obtain a schedule of cities and dates for upcoming conventions? I'm also curious what exactly happens at these conventions? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Roman

Congrats on 100 plus days of sobriety!

There are different AA conventions, round-ups, conferences, retreats, etc going on just about every month somewhere in southern California. You can usually find a schedule at the AA Los Angeles or Orange County district office websites or on bulletin boards at local Alano clubs. Some areas also host what is known as "alkathons" during the holiday season which are back to back meetings hosted by different local AA groups in one locations.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Call your local Intergroup. You can follow the links to your State and or Area & District through AA General Service Office - for inside or outside the United States.
http://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-aa-resources
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Discussions