How Do you carry Gods will?

For recovery discussion

Re: How Do you carry Gods will?

Postby Noels » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:18 pm

How do I carry God's Will? By being everything that I can possibly be.
Love and light
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby serendipity » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:18 am

I carefully look at my motives in a situation that bothers me. I identify what's going on inside of me that I am having a hard time showing love, patience, kindness and/or tolerance to a person, place or thing. I pause. I pray. And when in doubt, I always choose the most positive perspective. I realize that the situation before me is hand selected by my HP and regardless of feelings about that situation, it is exactly where my HP wants me to be.
serendipity
Forums Enthusiast

Postby clouds » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:55 am

Good to hear from you again Pete!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby GirlBoss » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Hello,

New here. 10-ish years sobriety. I still am not always clear on what God's will is for me. One thing for sure.....I may not know what God's will IS, but I always know what God's will Isnt! It's that feeling in my gut when something isnt right. So what do I do? I address that gut-feeling; usually by making a call or an amends, or both. Simple. Trust God, Clean House, Help Others.

God Bless and Thanks for having me!
GirlBoss
Forums Newcomer

Postby Ron27 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:06 pm

My HP does not have a will.
My perception is that willpower is a human trait, and closely related to sociology which in many ways has opposed spirituality from around the time of the enlightenment.
Then again it is only a 'word' and therefore open to personal interpretation.
Ron27
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Layne » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:31 am

I always try to remember the phrase "don't shoot the messenger". For me, many times words are the messenger, not the message.
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby kdub720 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:42 pm

I often reflect on this. How am I living gods will while being selfish in life. I have made so many mistakes how could they all be gods will. And I always think it is all for a reason, a time, or a moment where I can have those be powerful in the world around me. God works in all kinds of ways. This is always on my mind.
kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Postby GirlBoss » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:58 pm

kdub720 wrote:I often reflect on this. How am I living gods will while being selfish in life. I have made so many mistakes how could they all be gods will. And I always think it is all for a reason, a time, or a moment where I can have those be powerful in the world around me. God works in all kinds of ways. This is always on my mind.

Dear Kdub,

I agree! God does work in all sorts of ways. I believe that God is constantly knitting and weaving circumstances together, even when we make mistakes, or head down the wrong road.

I believe He can and does use our mistakes to show us who HE is, and to bless others. (And hopefully, along the way, we learn something!)
There IS and God, and I am not it! lol

God uses everything; He doesnt waste anything.
GirlBoss
Forums Newcomer

Previous

Return to Discussions