1st amends made by accident

For recovery discussion

1st amends made by accident

Postby cdogg556 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:37 am

Well the other day I was talking to my buddy on the phone and he says to me, hey somebody want's to say hi, so without me even having time to ask who, he puts my friend on the phone that worked for me for over 8 yrs whom I owe over $2,000!!! You can imagine the feeling of remorse and self pity that came over me in an instant! Then he says, "Hey John, how are you doing my friend?" So, I proceeded to tell him what I am doing and how sorry I am for what has happened, so forth and so on, you know what I mean, anyway he says, "John, I don't care about the money, don't even worry about it, I am so happy that you are doing well, I just want you to be O.K." Well, by this time I am practically in tears, I am so grateful for my life today and the people in it, I will still make it right with him, but to know that he was happy to hear I am doing well was the greatest feeling I have felt in years, much better than any alcohol or drug could do for me! Well life is good my friends, miracles are happening daily, I just had to open my eyes to see them. :)
"If you want something different, do something you've never done"
cdogg556
Forums Enthusiast

Re: 1st amends made by accident

Postby Feeya » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:56 am

cdogg556 wrote:Well the other day I was talking to my buddy on the phone and he says to me, hey somebody want's to say hi, so without me even having time to ask who, he puts my friend on the phone that worked for me for over 8 yrs whom I owe over $2,000!!! You can imagine the feeling of remorse and self pity that came over me in an instant! Then he says, "Hey John, how are you doing my friend?" So, I proceeded to tell him what I am doing and how sorry I am for what has happened, so forth and so on, you know what I mean, anyway he says, "John, I don't care about the money, don't even worry about it, I am so happy that you are doing well, I just want you to be O.K." Well, by this time I am practically in tears, I am so grateful for my life today and the people in it, I will still make it right with him, but to know that he was happy to hear I am doing well was the greatest feeling I have felt in years, much better than any alcohol or drug could do for me! Well life is good my friends, miracles are happening daily, I just had to open my eyes to see them. :)

What a lovely share! Congrats on making amends and congrats on having great friends!
It is awesome how sometimes things just fall into place like that! :)
One day at a time.
Feeya
Forums Contributor

Postby serendipity » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:11 am

That's so beautiful!!! I'm happy that happened for you :)
serendipity
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Brock » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:26 am

Powerful message about what happens so often in this program, some will say 'fluke,' I say the power of God at work, thanks for sharing it.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby cdogg556 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Thank you all for your really nice comments, :wink: I do agree with you Brock, definitely not a fluke, that was with out a doubt God's handy work :D
cdogg556
Forums Enthusiast

Postby BrianC8 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:28 am

In my experience most people will wish you well, and most people will give you a second, and third, and more chances if they believe that you are sincerely trying to turn your life around. This is a heartwarming response from a true friend I would say.
Never-the-less, I guarantee you that the $2000 will be very well appreciated when you are able to repay it. Please don't procrastinate on that part.
And I wish you continued success and more happy stories in your new sober life.

Brian C
BrianC8
Forums Newcomer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:00 am

Making amends means remedying the issues of the past. I don't think I can say a casual I'm sorry any more than I can accept a casual "It's ok." I am with Brian, I think you should find the guy when you get to Step 9 and see to it that he is paid for the work he already did. :wink:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby PuppyEars » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:46 pm

At the same time, please don't skip on buying your babies diapers or getting the lights turned off because you are making a financial amends.
[Not to be taken literal, you get my drift]
PuppyEars
Forums Contributor

Postby cdogg556 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice and definitely am going to make it right with him, at the same time I do have to keep a roof over our heads so it might take a little time.
cdogg556
Forums Enthusiast

Postby kdub720 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:42 am

I love it. Friends over booze. I get that same feeling when a friend truly cares, it is an unmathced feeling. Something the bottle could never offer.
kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Discussions