Are children allowed in meetings?

For recovery discussion

Re: Are children allowed in meetings?

Postby ezdzit247 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:00 pm

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect all children brought to AA meetings to be well mannered and quiet. If they aren't......

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:58 pm

:lol: hehehehe good one EZ :lol: totally agree with you :lol: we must remember though that the ones supposed to have set the example could hardly take care of themselves never mind teach the child manners or etiquette :lol:
I rather take that irritation and turn it into gratitude for that alcoholic being there - kid and all - than allow it to distract my focus from the speaker :lol: we are able to reach a level of focus where nothing else penetrate. Gratitude in all situations is the key .
Love and light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby RosieF » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:48 pm

Noels wrote:If we can't say something in front of a child its probably something inappropriate which shouldn't be shared in a group situation anyways.
Recovering as a family can only be a good thing.
Love and light
Noels

An AA group is supposed to be a safe place, where you can trust the other members not to judge you and where ANYTHING is appropriate, and the retelling and ownership of sordid secrets is often a therapeutic path to recovery. My advice - share as if the child isn't there and if the parent doesn't like it then hopefully they won't bring the child the next time.
RosieF
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to Discussions