Using the Steps for life on life's terms

For recovery discussion
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Using the Steps for life on life's terms

Post by PaigeB » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:46 am

Pass it on Dude. Pass it on!

There is no possible way that I can repay Alcoholics Anonymous for the life I have now, for the lives that I have the opportunity to affect, and the drunks that might be saved, because I Stepped out of the darkness and into the Light. All I can do is say "Yes! Thank You." when I am asked. (PS: Greeter is the best job EVER!)
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

kdub720
Forums Enthusiast

Post by kdub720 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Awesome story.
This helped me today as I ham hanging with the family getting bossed around by every one. Praying "what is my role?" is awesome. I am going to go do that right now. It is always funny to me how family stress can be one of the biggest trigger. Thanks again.

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:47 pm

kdub720 wrote:It is always funny to me how family stress can be one of the biggest trigger.
I think that's because we can choose our friends, but we cannot choose our family members. We're stuck with 'em.

Hanna
Forums Long Timer

Post by Hanna » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:17 pm

That was a beautiful story, it reminds me of all the gifts I would have missed if I picked up that next drink 4 yrs ago. Thank you for sharing.
Hanna
On a side note, happy to see Mike O
We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace

Larryp713
Forums Contributor

Post by Larryp713 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:20 pm

Great story, Troy, and thanks for sharing. What an awesome example of practicing the principles of the program and carrying the message.
Trudging the Road of Happy Destiny!!!