I'm really nervous

For recovery discussion

Re: I'm really nervous

Postby Patsy© » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:21 am

I identify as an alcoholic, but I'm at a loss about how to share my story, without speaking about the horrible things that led to my sobriety.

The original post was about Our Singleness of Purpose. Its all respectful information regarding what she originally posted and what she wanted to know.

I don't see any hijacking at all, in fact it was right on topic imho.
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Postby tiffanyj16 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Hey everyone! Just found my password to get back on, and just in the nick of time! I share TOMORROW :shock: Anyway, I read each and every comment and I thought there were lots of great points made (and in a very mature professional way, which I believe is because most people here practice the traditions on a daily basis, especially in situations such as this, where disagreement may occour). I have learned a TON by posting here, and I got to see different points of view which was very helpful. When I share, I am going to focus on why I'm there, as someone said "we all have war stories, don't dwell on yours". That's so true! the purpose of me sharing is to show what I am doing on a daily basis to maintain sobriety since achieving it. I will just explain as someone else stated, that the symptoms of my disease manifest themselves in many ways, including drugs, food, exercise etc, but that's all I will say about it. I will talk about what it was like, what happened, and whats its like now, focusing more on the now. Granted, drugs happened to be my main "hobby" at the time I hit my rock bottom, but it all boils down to my inability to cope with feelings and emotions and my need to mask them with something, anything. Thank you all for the feedback, I value your input more than you know and will check back in tomorrow to let you know how it goes!!!

All my love,
Tiffany
tiffanyj16
Forums Newcomer

Postby Patsy© » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Tiffany, I am so glad that you found your password and I was so happy to see your post. Its very obvious that you have a clear understanding of those 12 Traditions and why. You will do fantastic and please come back and let us know how you did.

Way To Go Tiffany! :D
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Previous

Return to Discussions