Recovering alcoholic with 137 days of sobriety needs help!!

For recovery discussion

Recovering alcoholic with 137 days of sobriety needs help!!

Postby Burtonrider25 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:30 am

I am currently am In a sober living house but my time here is coming to an end due to the high demand for new people needing beds! I understand new people need help but what about the people who have made it this far!!! The link tells a little about my story! If anyone could spread the word it'd be greatly appreciated!!
Last edited by Burtonrider25 on Mon May 30, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burtonrider25
Forums Newcomer

Re: Recovering alcoholic with 137 days of sobriety needa hel

Postby PaigeB » Mon May 30, 2016 10:36 am

Welcome! Sorry we do not allow links - but hope you will tell your story here for others to read. Feel free to provide the link privately if someone sends a private message requesting it.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Recovering alcoholic with 137 days of sobriety needs hel

Postby Burtonrider25 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:37 am

Oh ok sorry about that!!
Burtonrider25
Forums Newcomer

Postby Lali » Tue May 31, 2016 2:55 am

Are you working the steps? I have found that some people who live in recovery houses here use the house as a crutch and when they have to leave they are ill equipped for life outside of the house. If you haven't already done so, get to work on the steps and get out there and help another alcoholic!

Stay close to AA. I wish you the best!
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby ann2 » Tue May 31, 2016 3:36 am

I remember early in sobriety applying for social security benefits for my alcoholism. They were denied. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. I'm so grateful I hit the pavement and drummed up a job.

I know that's not possible for everyone, and I know it can be very hard not having a place to live. But have faith! Look for roommate situations.

I wish you all the best.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:42 am

I understand new people need help but what about the people who have made it this far

Back then people worked the steps quickly and connected with their higher power and started helping the new-comers quickly. Perhaps thats what GOD wants from us. This makes way for new comers to get a glimpse of the power in this program which is a design for living.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Return to Discussions