Your Morning Routine...

For recovery discussion

Re: Your Morning Routine...

Postby Tosh » Sun May 29, 2016 12:26 am

trumpets wrote:Bob said "you idiot, your routine is an achievement". The clouds parted that day.

Another Attitude Adjustment! (A.A.) :lol:

Well done on getting sober and your life back on track, Bob.

And welcome to the forum.

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sun May 29, 2016 12:52 am

Good morning beautiful people :D thank you very much for your good wishes. A belly button birthday is very special to me as without this birthday we would not have been here to have any of these wonderful experiences :D
With being sick - I have this (I'm not sure whether its an ability or stupidity) :lol: that I refuse illness to settle within my body simply because I believe that all illnesses are self-imposed and is an indication to where we still have a " block " that needs to be looked at and cleared. So I refuse illness to settle fully which (with this flu for instance) resulted in me walking for 2 weeks sort-of-sick but fighting it and refusing to let it " come through fully and settle). This probably results in the body being weakened and one moment of mental neglect and it takes occupation in full force. (I have no idea what man-flu is but I'm definitely going to google it). I get these swollen glands (permanently infected) and when I get ill only antibiotics help only this time it didn't. Glands are still as big as tennis balls so I better have a peek at my list to see what the spiritual meaning for these glands are and start clearing whatever blockage is causing it. I must say though that lying on the couch the entire day yesterday, watching movie after movie seems to have helped my energy level as mentally I feel stronger so its " up and doing " again today :D
Waterwise - hehehehehe we simply turned off the water and phoned a plumber yesterday morning so there was no stress. I was too tired to care or worry at 2.45 in the morning :lol: water's spiritual meaning is - emotions. (Yes you have guessed correctly :lol: I look at all these things in a spiritual way as well :lol:
Anyways .... time for me to get busy. :D its a beautiful sunny day here in our wonderful S.A. Too cold to walk with short sleeved shirts as there is a nip in the air but as long as we see the sun we are HAPPY :D
Have an awesome Sunday and chat again soon.
Mwah xxx
Love and Light Noels

PS - TOSH -
Tosh wrote:(Mrs Tosh got up and broke my Zen :twisted: Tosh

this I gathered from your photo with the gorgeous red duvet and long dark hair :wink: you naughty you :D

Have an awesome day. Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sun May 29, 2016 1:18 am

Ive googled " man flu " just quickly - but I have only 1 question. Does this affect only men or women also. :lol: :lol: :lol: I am very much female (got all the goodies to prove it :lol: ) so if it affects only men .......
:D have an awesome day. Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby tyg » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:32 am

Before I get out of bed, I give thanks for another day and blessed with a life I couldn't have imagined. I wake up before the world does so that I can experience the world waking up around me. I love hearing the first bird song and other noises that begin the day and how the world progresses into a noisy chatter. The changes of different colors and lighting as the sun comes up is so beautiful. This is the time I spend with God listening for inspiration & guidance and observing my thoughts; writing down everything that comes to me, good or bad. I test what I have written. Is it pure, honest, unselfish & loving? Is it in line with my duties to family, work etc? Are my thoughts in line with spiritual teachings I"ve learned? I end this meditation asking for guidance through-out my day, that I may do God's will and that IT will divorce my thinking from self-pity, dishonesty and self-seeking motives. Then time to get ready for work.
~The secret to the AA program is the first three words on page 112~
tyg
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:00 pm

My attempts to start an earlier morning routine went to pot pretty quick. But shaming myself isn't working.

Once again I will have to live in the solution... My alarm, set for everyday now reads:

INTEGRITY TO SELF, EVERYDAY!

We'll see if that works. I am becoming more & more ready to have this defect removed, so I am gathering tools! :arrow: :arrow:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tosh » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:32 pm

PaigeB wrote:My attempts to start an earlier morning routine went to pot pretty quick. But shaming myself isn't working.

Once again I will have to live in the solution... My alarm, set for everyday now reads:

INTEGRITY TO SELF, EVERYDAY!

We'll see if that works. I am becoming more & more ready to have this defect removed, so I am gathering tools! :arrow: :arrow:

I really suggest the book The Morning Miracle; there's loads of good tips in there; and Hal Elrod really sells it well.

It's been a bit of a life-changer for me to be honest; not as radical as the 12 Steps, but it's helped me work a better 12 Step program. I'm fitter, healthier, calmer, less stressed, organised, earning more money (from being more organised; I'm self employed) and happier. I know in A.A. we don't tend to use the word 'control'; we tend to use the word 'power' instead; so here goes; I have more power in my life.

I normally wobble a bit on a weekend (work focuses me to get up early), but progress, not perfection is what I'm after.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby KingSparta » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 am

I don't do anything special, what I don't do is walk by the Beer Isle at the local store
http://www.Spammer
KingSparta
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tosh » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:54 am

KingSparta wrote:I don't do anything special, what I don't do is walk by the Beer Isle at the local store

I remember that; unable to go into our local supermarket because there was alcohol just EVERYWHERE. The funny thing is that I'm cool about that now. If Mrs Tosh wanted me to get her a bottle of wine, I'd happily get it for her, and I'd make a good choice of it too (I know the kind of wines she likes; sweet; not strong).
And I would have no more desire to drink it than I would to nail my testicles to this desk.

I've A.A. to thank for that.
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:25 pm

:lol: :lol: that's a good one :D I use 'I'd rather stick an ice pick in my eye than. ...'
It's winter here and we had a crazy exceptionally cold past week. A cold front I think it was called. All I know is that no amount of clothes kept the cold outa my bones and I didn't feel my toes and fingers for a week. I eventually wore beanies to keep my ears from falling off from the cold :lol:
Anyways so I don't know if it's just winter mode but since I've been sick I'm pretty listless. At least my morning routine is established for now - up at 7, 3rd step prayer in my own words and also protection prayer, check out the latest e-aa posts, read daily reflection whilst having my coffee then off to bath, spit, Polish and powder. In the office about 9. Work hard til 4 or 5 then whatever s up for evening.
So thanks for bringing this subject up. When it's warm again I want to have a summer routine like Tyg. We have magic birdlife in our garden. How blessed are we to start our day by awaking to the bird's song . They sing not because they have to but because they have a song.
Have an awesome weekend.
Mwah love and light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:07 am

Spirit Flower wrote:Spiritual reading is something I learned in the convent. Google "lectio divina" and you'll find information.

I'm just listening to a Youtube titled "Centering Prayer and the Foundations of Non-dual Awareness - Cynthia Bourgeault"; I like the lady's sense of humour. She gives a background to Lectio Divina and when she mentioned it I was like "I've heard of that!"

I'm so clever. :lol:
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to Discussions